PDA

View Full Version : Creme Frisky Frog

warhawk
02-11-2015, 08:16 PM
I found some of these at a south Arkansas Wal Mart, they are cheap, under a buck for a package of 7, and look fantastic in the water. there are two "legs" with a paddle tail on each leg.

Creme Frisky Frog

Wal Mart only had the chartreuse glitter color. My local Wal Marts dont carry them at all.

I caught this spotted bass on one last weekend.

Looks like a great lure, but I can't find them for sale anyplace other than certain Wal Mart stores and the Creme web site.

warhawk
02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Kalins has a similar bait, I'll have to see if I can find some of these

KALIN'S 1 3/4in TRIPLE THREAT CRAPPIE SCRUB | Triple Threat Lures | Soft Plastic Baits | Soft Plastic Lures | Freshwater Fishing Bait | Uncle Josh Bait Company (http://www.unclejosh.com/P/134CRAPPIESCRUB10PK/2021#optionsP)

And another VERY similar bait

Thump Jumpers (http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/home/index.php?route=product/category&path=66)

huntinslabs
02-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Our Walmarts in this area have the same color. BPS sells the Kalins along with sevrral of the on line sites.

warhawk
02-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Just surprises me that it's so hard to get such a great little lure.

tourdriver
12-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Just got some in the mail. How do you fish them? I thought a frog was a surface bait.

INTIMIDATOR
12-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Just got some in the mail. How do you fish them? I thought a frog was a surface bait.

They can be fished many ways....as a no or light weight surface bait...or use a medium weight jig head, to get it down in the water column where the fish are...or with enough weight to bottom bounce and swim it. With all of these uses, you can vary the retrieve to suit the pattern.

Here's some ideas, or you can also use them as a trailer, or like a swimbait.

Good fishing!

huntinslabs
12-19-2015, 07:07 PM
The Creme ones in this discussion are only about 1.5". Not the big frogs or creatures in your pic.

INTIMIDATOR
12-19-2015, 09:25 PM
The Creme ones in this discussion are only about 1.5". Not the big frogs or creatures in your pic.

Yep, I know...I don't use anything less than 2.8"....I just said here are some ideas...mainly just showing Tourdriver the possibilities and different ways you can fish a frog....since he only thought they were topwater!

He can also fish the Frisky Frogs behind a roadrunner, beetle spin, small ZMan chatterbaits, small K spin jigs, and different rigs, etc...whatever he is comfortable with!