Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW!!!! just WOW!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WOW!!!! just WOW!!!!

Went to the dentist today. Got a quote to extract 24 teeth and replace with dentures. Right at 5400 bucks. I knew they wouldn't be cheap but DEAR GOD I couldn't believe it. And even worse it cost me 121 bucks to get the quote. Anybody got a bottle of good stuff and some good pliers? I'm certain we can do it cheaper than that. I'm just in shock.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I wouldn't have guessed that much. Maybe you will win the big one tonight. Half a billion I'm told.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

I just had two molers capped...$2400. No insurance.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to bash the dentists or doctors, but I find it hard to justify a procedure costing 2 or 3 thousand bucks that only takes 20 minutes start to finish. 3600 of that price was for pulling the teeth. I should have been a Dr, not a chicken truck driver.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i worked a IU dental school fer about 5 years off and on and i got vice gripes i can do it a lot cheeper pm me fer price
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes Bowhunter2 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

As you get older it don't get any better either. Medicare don't cover dental.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Billbob, I'm almost tempted to take you up on the offer but dang it you are in Indiana. I could stop in the mountains on the way up and get some good white lightening for pain killer. It couldn't be any more painful than a dry socket. I've endured 3 of them. On 2nd thought I think I'll pass but thanks for the offer.

Post Thanks / Like

When I need dental work I call several and get quotes. Have saved some bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I have an appointment Wednesday at a different place. They said they might could do it a little cheaper. I hope so. Money was not a gift I was blessed to have. But the other blessings are to numerous to count.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    Billbob, I'm almost tempted to take you up on the offer but dang it you are in Indiana. I could stop in the mountains on the way up and get some good white lightening for pain killer. It couldn't be any more painful than a dry socket. I've endured 3 of them. On 2nd thought I think I'll pass but thanks for the offer.
    I guess it depends on who is drinking the white lightening. If BillBob gets any of it, you might want to reconsider the procedure! Wonder if you could get a slightly used set of dentures from a funeral home? Say, the "scratch and dent" department!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast