Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Daiwa line counter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daiwa line counter

Mo money
    Y'all think these be good ones ? There cheapest I could find wanted to try a few long lining.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

TT .... here's what a lot of my local guys are using : Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter MA-15DX

The Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter MA-15DX reel ... and at around $33 + $11 s/h to Tenn (for 1reel) you're $16 below the Daiwa price. (4 reels run about $17 s/h)

My guys use them mostly for pushing/pulling cranks ... heavy braid main line, then 2oz weight, then 5ft leader of 6lb test mono, then crankbait.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Those are the ones. Hope we can try them out soon! They seem to be a little smaller profile than the okuma's. I had 10 okumas and sold them and bought the Diawas.
    Likes chaunc, TowboatTroller LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a mix of Okumas and Diawa's. Like the Diawa a lot better. Same as Mo. Smaller profile,lighter and seem to work better. Check Cabelas. Think they have some that are same reel with their name and maybe a little cheaper.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For 25 bucks more I will stay with the Okumas. You can almost buy 2 Okumas to 1 Diawa. That's a no brainer

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA
    Likes blueball, Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I got 4 of them ordered gonna try them out!
    Me and Mo gonna bust pickwick lake wide open! Lol
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll give em heck for sure! Wilbur, I felt the same way, until 3 okuma counters quit counting! Still a little cheaper, but I hate having to buy em again not knowing how long they will last. Not saying they don't work, have caught lots of fish with them, but they let me down a couple times... So I may just be gunshy on em
    Likes TowboatTroller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The Okuma Magda Pro 15's are what I stared out with and those 4 reels are still going strong. They are a bit clunky and the drag leaves much to be desired on anything larger than a couple pounds, but they have been like Timex watches in that they just keep going long after I thought they would have died at a price of $27. They are easy to service yourself with minimal tools and the drag washers can be upgraded if you really wanted to.

The original Daiwa Accudepth reels had QC issues after their initial release. The reels have since been proven as workhorses on salmon and walleye charters. For more money you are getting better quality main and pinion gears, similar felt drag washers to the Okuma, and similar composite frame. Be sure to back off your drag after day on the water and you'll likely be good to go for several years with regular maintenance. There is a company out there cutting carbon fiber drag washers for these reels that really take them to the same level as their more expensive brothers in the Sealines. They're easy to service with a quality marine outboard grease, reel oil and carb cleaner. I really like the 17 size in Daiwa reels for panfish trolling and I load mine with 10lb mono.
    Likes TowboatTroller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine had a lot of trouble with the 17's. I have the next size larger they have been good reels.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 27 and love it. I order mine thru franks great outdoors for $54 each which is the best price I have found.