Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sure is quiet on here.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sure is quiet on here.

you guys need to get with it get something going here. we are doing fine guys we have everything set up and ready to go or making plastics to cold in the morning ha ha . no I haven't got a new boat yet maybe you guys can help me out we are trying to decide which one to buy there are quite a few I do like just want to find out what you guys like and which is the best one on the market keep in mind I do not like Bass boat you know like Ranger style been thinking about G3 and also lund. will be traveling up north to visit a good friend of mine in a mold maker this season I should say this spring or summer. just got through blacktop in my driveway there was about half of a brand-new boat pricewise think blacktop is more expensive than concrete y'all have a good day now.

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are doing well Bob. I have been making a few baits but mostly have beenbusy with other obligations. Have a great day. Glad you are getting settled in.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob

Glad to hear you’re getting acclimated to the New Life.

Had a bit of snow fall here in central WI last night about an 1”, hear they got 3 to 5” up north, Thinking Spring on a Daily Basis.

You can get into a very controversial situation on Boat Selection, depending on ones comfort zone, for myself I prefer a Deep V with a High Freeboard.

The quick change in weather sold me on that, when the calm northern waters turned ugly, and found ourselves booking it back to the dock in some nasty swells, the Deep V cut through them with no problem,

as I turned seeing a Bass Boat nose diving into them, kept an eye on them until they made it back into the Bay, only to hear a "Water Soaked Guy Yell Hell Of a Ride".

Not to discredit Bass Boats they do have advantages over Deep V’s but in the Northern Waters My Comfort Zone is with a minimum 16' Deep V
    The rest of the bells and whistles it has is up to $$$$$ you want to invest

billygee :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Boat depends on how you fish really.

If you think black top is high... Price the concrete!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't necessarily need spring here, but I would settle for some days that the wind would blow you off the lake.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonDon View Post
    Boat depends on how you fish really.

If you think black top is high... Price the concrete!
    Exactly right on both......also some boats are a lot better suited for older folks.......thats why I traded and got one wider and with low decks.....now I am down in the boat instead of up on a deck even with the gunnels.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Got something cooking Bob. Will post pics soon.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys the problem is locally but I can't find a boat dealer that handles the books that I'm wanting so we are still looking I may have to order one and travel a little bit.

I have not made any attempt to make any plastics yet we are ready to go I just haven't had time to get out there and do anything I will be posting one of these days hopefully when I get all the honey dues done.

www.bobsjigs.com

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Find a SeaArk dealer and take a look at them...the one I have has the same degree hull angle as a Lund and rides great.....its wide enough on the front for side by side fishing seats without being on the edge of the boat or jammed up close together.....built as strong as a tank
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    I will be posting one of these days hopefully when I get all the honey dues done.
    What is your secret? Seems like when you finish the list they already have another list ready for you to do, I just tell Lori "It's on my list of things to do and I'll get to it whenever I can.".....Then I go on and do whatever I was doing after I do her "Honey do" project.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast