Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPS crappie Max rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default BPS crappie Max rods

Any body have or used the bass pro crappie max rods. I was thinking about getting a 8' one. Don't have a jigging rid. All my crappie fishing is done with light action 6'-6'6" rod .

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, I have the old Walley Marshal signature in 8-9-10 ft. I have made the assumption they are the same rod just different name since they severed their relationship with Walley. They are really good rods. I use them for both Jigging and casting floats. Pretty tough and plenty of backbone. They are just a little heavier than some of the other rods I have but the strength out weigh's the difference in weight.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at them the other day. Thought they had plenty of backbone but seemed alittle too heavy for my liking. But I never had a jigging pole so I wasn't sure. But for $40 it's worth a try. Might pick one up today

Post Thanks / Like

Good rods. I've got a 12' one. I like my BnM bbul a little better. But good rod for the $.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great rods. Iv got 3 12'ers and a 5 foot spinning rod that has become my dock shooting rod and go to casting rod. Looking to get another short one.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will like the B n' M Sam Heaton Super Sensitive models. I currently have two in 7' and one in 9'. Light weight, responsive and not whippy at all. About $10. more than what you're looking at now.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I'll throw this out just to muddy the waters...
    We use Todd Huckabee's 10 foot Meat Draga rods...they are a heavier action rod...nothing like an ultra lite. You couple that with braided line and you would be amazed at how sensitive that combination is. You can feel branches, rocks, light bites, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i have one and really like for casting jigs,Slip bobber fishing and jigging.i have the crappie max signature series.Great rod for jigging,The also make a light series in Crappie maxx too.I just picked up a Lews Mr Crappie 7 ft rod.Really impressed with that one also.
    Share the outdoors with our Children.The world will be a better place.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to read what I am seeing here. I just picked up a couple of 10's and a 12' at the BPS over the weekend. I had damaged a couple of an off brand I had before and these were 2014 models on clearance for good prices.

Post Thanks / Like

ive been trolling with 10 poles 14 ft crappie max tight line med. action for about 2 years. I love them. when you set the hook there is enough bend to set the hook but not to bend the pole real bad. you can get them cheaper from grizzly jig and they still have the bass pro shop decal on the pole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast