Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fake maggots?

mroe Guest

Default Fake maggots?

Here in Arizona on our lakes we've been using using worms for bait, which has been working well. But everyone on this site says how much better maggots work. We don't have any bait stores in my area that sell maggots. So I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Berkley's Gulp maggots?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...gots&noImage=0

Post Thanks / Like

We use them quite often and have fairly good luck with them. I hook them on teardrops and microjigs just like live bait. They stay on the hook longer so you will not need to buy them as often. Also available in multiple colors so that can be an advantage.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

If you want live bait you can try www.Grubco.com, they mail it too you and the prices are not bad at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey MROE, I also live in AZ. I bluegill fish from april through september. I have tried many different live baits. I have found that meal worms work best for me. They catch all the GILL i can handle. Easy to get, easy to keep and the gill love to eat em.

mroe Guest

Great! I'll try that. The wife just loves to fish for them. They've become pretty lethargic due to the cold water, so we're gonna do our usual wait till it warms up time in the spring. Was out trying the last week in November, about the only thing we caught was a cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Better yet...try LobyBaits.Com

They have a plastic bait that immitates a waxie,or maggot,called a mousi,and lasts way longer!.Here's a pic.10 for $2.50

and a link to their products page.

http://www.lobybaits.com/index_files/Page578.htm
    CrappieMagnet