Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rigging

I found a new package of Mr crappie,troll- tech crappie rig while rummaging through my gear,has anyone used these,and are they worth me picking up a couple more ? I am big on DIY project ,but if these are good to spider rig with,I may give them a go.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm,I must have worded the question wrong,I will try again.Has anyone ever tried the troll tech crappie rig for spider rigging or trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

They work alright I have only used them spider rigging, but at $5 a pop kinda expensive to fish brush piles with.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yaker .... the "Troll Tech" rig looks a whole lot like a Capps/Coleman rig. I see no reason why they wouldn't work ... but, if you're a DIY kinda guy, I don't know as I'd bother to buy the commercial versions, when you can most likely make similar rigs, yourself ...

I'd go ahead & use'em til ya lose'em ... and in the meantime gather up the hardware (sinkers, swivels, hooks) needed to imitate the rig, and then either have them on hand or pre-rig some up and wrap them around a pool noodle section for transport & quick re-rigging.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I use them a lot and love them. The rigs hold up well, if the hooks or mono leaders break it is a fast an easy fix with sneeled hooks. Snap on a new one and right back fishing. I buy mine all Wally World, they come 2 to a package for $ 3.87.

Post Thanks / Like

I do make most of my rigs,but not having trolled or spider rigged for crappie that much,I do not want to make mine similar to troll techs,if they snag a lot.I would think a bottom sinker would be a better all terrain rig,preventing as many snags.