Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Today's Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Today's Report

Got out today in the nice weather. Tide was low then incoming. Very slow pick until mid tide then found them and had fast action for about 40 minutes before I had to leave. Caught 20 mostly small with a handfull of medium sized fish thrown in. All on bottom or a foot above but did manage 2 casting with very slow retrieve, my first non verticle jigged fish in over a month. All were caught on plastic and a 1/32 oz jig head. Water was 34 degrees when I got there but was up to 37 at the surface when I left. Talked with several people as they motored by and they had no luck, figured they were all fishing too shallow.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had much luck. I just got a new sounder an am having some issues getting it tuned in. Last time I went we mostly just rode around sight seeing went as far up the river till we got to porter crossing rd I think it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Zippy. There still ice in a lot of areas I fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, if I was a normal person I would have quit before I finally found them. I get it in my head that I won't quit until I do although just a week ago I went home having not caught anything. I basically fished 4 hours for 3 or 4 little fish and then a bonanza for the final hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, was expecting ice but I guess the tide and the warm sun melted it. When i launched and and jumped in to tie off I started the fishfinder and got excited that the water was 41 degrees! Turns out that was only at the ramp and once I pulled into the river it was back down to 34.

Post Thanks / Like

Zippy you the man. LOL I don't go out till its about 45. Love em and all but frozen fingers and me don't mix