Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ fishing report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ fishing report

No we didn't catch 600 crappie like Beagleman. Fished Saturday with Kyle and the water temperature was 40 degrees but there was still a little ice in some areas. That all melted by 10:30. They were dropping the water level and it looked like it was down a foot over the past couple of days so that is not what you want when you get up early and drive to the lake. We hit all our favorite areas and some new but only caught two crappie. The good part was the weather was nice. We did see eight deer running in back of the cove with one going in for a swim. We fished with jig only so I don't know if we would have done any better if we would have had minnows. We did stay in the Buck Creek areas so i would like to hear if anyone else was fish another part of the lake and was having any luck. If your headed down to LOZ check and see if they are still letting water out. It was a great day to be out fishing with a friend and it was a nice drive on the way back.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard they were going to be letting water out. That may mean the water below the dam will move and stir up some fishing. Ripnlips has given me warning to ready my old boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report!
    Today is only yesterday's Tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet day to be out, you're right! Nice read!
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I fished around the 26-31mm yesterday from noon until 5:30. Yesterday the water temp was 39.5 and we spider rigged with minnows and jigs in 15-30 fow for several hours and not one fish and possibly one bite. We switched to throwing some jigs with crappie nibbles around 4 and picked up 3 before quitting around 5:30 - tough. Beautiful day to be out of the house and on the water. I went out by myself this morning just using jigs and crappie nibbles from 8:30 to 11 - one white crappie. I found a lot of brush and what appeared to be fish on the HB 998c, but couldn't get them to bite. If anybody got into them this weekend I'm curious what the pattern was - please share.
    Likes rondo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

my experience down there if they are rapidly releasing might as well stay in ks.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear you got out Mark. Had the same not catching luck on Stockton Sat. But one cannot complaing about a pretty day and fishing with a bud. Did see 6 eagles.

Post Thanks / Like

We found fish on the side scan, just couldn't get them to bite. Kwpipkins, I did the same thing, ran around with the side scan since they weren't biting just to find new areas. Found out that there are a lot of rich people with big boats and no brush piles. We need some poor fisherman to move in and load up there docks with brush. The two fish that we caught were white crappie also.
    Likes springhillwantabe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day Mark, nice to have good weather for a change.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad i went this weekend looking at the weather forecast coming up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast