PDA

View Full Version : Wireless trolling motor

tigerinfielder3
02-08-2015, 04:37 PM
What's the cheapest 12 volt wirless trolling motor on the market? I need a trolling motor that can be ran by a remote. HELP! Doesn't have to have ipilot or copilot or any of that complicated stuff

Tn Johnboy
02-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Check out Motorguide store for a W55 it's as cheap as I've found.

tigerinfielder3
02-08-2015, 04:41 PM
You have one of those ? I think that's what I'm needing

Tn Johnboy
02-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes. It's comes with a wireless foot control and you can buy a wireless hand control. I like mine just fine.

tigerinfielder3
02-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Good to hear. All the reviews online complain about the wireless pedal not working very well at all. How much extra was the remote?

Tn Johnboy
02-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Both of mine work fine anywhere in the boat. I think the handheld was 60 bucks. The store has them for sale. I'm guessing at what I paid. Both are battery operated just keep spare batteries. I never had to change mine last season.

Zippy
02-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Cayman would be the cheapest I think. They sell them on eBay and they seem to get decent reviews.

tigerinfielder3
02-09-2015, 11:53 AM
well i went with a reconditioned powerdrive minn kota 50 pound thrust and im gonna get the copilot to add on

johndeere5045
02-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Where can I get a reconditioned Minn kota?

crappielimits
02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
well i went with a reconditioned powerdrive minn kota 50 pound thrust and im gonna get the copilot to add on

I would spend the extra for the Ipilot if you can afford. Many more features.

tigerinfielder3
02-09-2015, 07:38 PM
I would spend the extra for the Ipilot if you can afford. Many more features.

I don't have any depth finders that will link with ipilot....all I have is the HB Helix unit

tigerinfielder3
02-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Where can I get a reconditioned Minn kota?

Got mine from cabelas

crappielimits
02-10-2015, 08:07 AM
I don't have any depth finders that will link with ipilot....all I have is the HB Helix unit

Ipilot does not link to depth finder. It has a GPS head with it. An I link is another accessorie that cost more but can be linked to your Humminbird. I would get the Ipilot to control speed, have autopilot, anchor and the other features you won't get with copilot.

wicklundrh
02-10-2015, 09:09 AM
I used Co pilot for years. In fact, I have one I will sell you for a powerdrive V2 if you need one!

Yes, I-pilot would be great for your, tons of features including anchor lock and navigation to name a few. The problem is, when you start adding this things on to a motor, you might as well spend the money and buy one with it already installed. I just bought an I-pilot add on for a powerdirve V2 (the one I took the co-pilot off from) and it is a little over $400. If you be a reconditioned motor for a couple hundred, add on the $400 for the I-pilot, you basically have the same amount of money in a new one with I-pilot installed.

In reading your first post, you mentioned the word cheap.... this would lend me to beleive that you don't want to add the I-pilot at this time.

PM me if your interested in the co-pilot. I think they retail new from Cabelas for around $149.

tigerinfielder3
02-10-2015, 09:36 AM
I used Co pilot for years. In fact, I have one I will sell you for a powerdrive V2 if you need one!

Yes, I-pilot would be great for your, tons of features including anchor lock and navigation to name a few. The problem is, when you start adding this things on to a motor, you might as well spend the money and buy one with it already installed. I just bought an I-pilot add on for a powerdirve V2 (the one I took the co-pilot off from) and it is a little over $400. If you be a reconditioned motor for a couple hundred, add on the $400 for the I-pilot, you basically have the same amount of money in a new one with I-pilot installed.

In reading your first post, you mentioned the word cheap.... this would lend me to beleive that you don't want to add the I-pilot at this time.

PM me if your interested in the co-pilot. I think they retail new from Cabelas for around $149.

thats correct...if i wanted the i pilot and all the expenses that came with it i would have waited and saved my money and bought that....All im looking for out of my trolling motor is to be able to control it with a wireless remote.....

PM sent