Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider rigging newbie. Heeeeellllllpppp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging newbie. Heeeeellllllpppp

Ok i am getting the new skeeter mx1825 setup and was curious about spider rigging. What are your thoughts on doing some long rods 12' plus that are able to be used for pulling cranks /planner boards for walleyes? Also what is the best way to setup the front of a boat for two guys that can be removed fairly easily so i can multi species in one day. Thanks for any advice. But up in south dakota and northwest iowa no one really fishes this way from what i have seen.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking about an idea for mounting the rod-holders using T-slot aluminum (80-20 as some call it). I see a set-up that could be mounted with a couple of lug-mounted nuts in the deck, then fasten the various rod holders to the T-slot. It could be removed by taking out two bolts and the deck is clear.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Most rod holders for spider rigging are designed with a floor mount that enables you to quickly remove from boat with only base left. Don't think your going to find a 12 ft rod good for spider rigging that you will be able to run boards on. Pull cranks with my B&M PST's but not boards. Check out the Spider Lock rod holders, buy a couple pf extra base's and mount anywhere. Super adjustable and super strong for rigging or pulling.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes feelay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Get on Illinois forum and ask crappie xtreme about it. He's got a pretty good setup

Post Thanks / Like

Long poles and planer boards don't really get along very well. It's hard to catch the board when it's swinging off a 12 foot pole with a fish pulling the line. It's also more difficult to send the board back out into position afterwards but it can be done.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I use 10' ht non graphite to pull boards with and they work perfect! I use the mini board with bandits. My setup up front is home made as well as the holders. I have not found a better set of holders. You can spider rig and in about 10 secounds I can start trolling cranks with the same ones. By the way I really like the fiberglass rod to pull the boards with! Best of luck. If you have any questions give me a shout. No expert but I fish this way a BUNCH!!!
    Some people can do know right...keep trying!!

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie wizard would you mind putting up your setup

Post Thanks / Like

Give me about ten minutes and I will go take a pic with it set up!!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you pm me phone number? Won't let me load pics on here. Not sure, but I can text them to you!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

That's weird!!! Never mind. Here is a shot of them facing the side. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  58.2 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast