Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Christening

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Christening

Sam (DrDore) and I fish together pretty often here lately. As long as the wind isn't blowing too bad we try to get out, and here lately it means dealing with low temps. Wednesday the 4th it was 28* when we launched the boat at Woods Res., but no wind. Sam had gotten a couple of new rods from the wife and kids for Christmas and nothing I could do could get a fish on those new rods to get some stink on them. 3 times we had been with no luck for him. We danced the jigs in and out of the tree tops and I was doing fine, but Sam was missing the hits he was getting. I checked the depth he was fishing sometime that day and found that he might not have been deep enough, and you know how fussy they can be this time of year. All our rigs were identical so I was wondering what was up. Well, it didn't take long before I heard a grunt from the back of the boat and turned to see a bent rod. ALL RIGHT NOW!!! After this it was all downhill as he added several more to the box. We had a pleasant day and the wind got up a little but it didn't bother the fish any. We usually pack op around 11:30 or so, but it was after 1 when we got to the ramp with 17 nice eating size in the box. No giants and no 10's, just all 11 to 13" fish that gave up some nice filets. We split the fish up and headed home but now I'm going to have competition. I guess he was trying to stay incognito for the pictures but it doesn't hide the smile. As Canepole would say, we had a large time. Thanks for visiting with us......Skeet.

PS, the last pic is of the TWRA guys making the fish attractors just that much better, that boat was loaded down when they headed out. They look cold.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes blueball, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch! But yall look cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Great fish and its always good to see structure going into a fishery.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking fish!!

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default competition

Told you I would have competition after Wednesday's trip. This one was 1lb 9oz caught today. Did I say he was happy?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around