Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: help

Post Thanks / Like

Talking help

can anyone tell me when I'm looking at my finder where the pics are located behind or below the boat I see tons of fish but not quite sure where the finder is looking?

Post Thanks / Like

the pics on the right side are under your transducer everything else is what your transducer has seen

Post Thanks / Like

The display runs right to left. That which is on the immediate right of the screen is realtime current. As it scrolls across the screen to the left it is the older stuff according to time and the speed your boat is moving. Your transducer (the device that puts the ping in the water and receives the return echo) is shoot striaght down from it's location. If your transducer is on your trolling motor, that which you finally get a view of (say the first 1/4" of the view screen) is now at the back of the boat, assuming you're only moving about 1/2mph (.5mph). If your transducer is on the transom of the boat that which you just first get a look at on the right of the screen is now about 20' behind the boat. Assuming your fishfinder is only a single beam, your cone is 20-degrees. So, that means you are only seeing 1/3 the amount of the total depth at the bottom (21' of water means you are seeing a 7' circle of the bottom and only about 3.5' half way down that water column). Here's the link to a thread that goes into great detail about sonar units and how to set them correctly -- http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...ighlight=sonar
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

thank you that was most helpful I will give it a try on Sunday. have any tips on cold water crappie.