Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fat Cat float tube sale

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fat Cat float tube sale

Although I would imagine there would be limited interest here, I found a Fat Cat sale. Four Seasons Fly Shop up in OR. has them for $200.00 free shipping. I ordered one for myself yesterday. This is the larger tube, and I'll need it if I don't get out of the eats:rolleyes: These things are not for all but a neat fishing machine for those that do . Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Post Float tubes

Hi Mike,

Cabelas has a Creek Company Round Boat Float Tube for $59.99. About $68.74 with shipping included. If I were to ever get one, I think I would get this one (it's valves also match with my ODC hand pump). It seems to me like the U tubes would let water from wakes rush in the front when the donut tubes wouldn't. I know the U tubes provide for easier tube entry rather than step-in donut tubes. I don't know since I've never had one, but since you seem to be familiar with them, maybe you can give me an idea of some of the advantages and disadvantages between the tube types. Thanks.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Many differences

I happen to know a guy that uses a round tube. It may be a personal choice.:rolleyes: I like the way fish cat#4 and fat cat sit so much higher in the water. They are just plain user friendly. You can see easier and when fly fishing, it is much easier to throw a line. I could be a salesman for these things. lol I have only been in a donut once and was basicly helpless compared to a pointed front. They still sell them, so someone likes them Wish I could be of more help, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro has them for $149:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

I've always had a U-shaped tube. The round ones are good for a river, but U and V-shapes are so much easier to get in and out of.

Robert, the places I tube are all "non wake" areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wrong tube

Deathbeforedisco- Your link is for the smaller fish cat#4 Both are good but the fat cat is larger and can tolerate more weight. The fish cats were $100 a while back. With all this talk of prices I should have posted this in the for sale section. Mods -- feel free to move it . Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I wondered what the difference was.

Post Thanks / Like

i have two of the utube types they work pretty good i wouldnt recomend them on a lake that allows gas motors though.. i have caught a few good bass out of them