Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tennessee River Crappie Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tennessee River Crappie Fishing

Hello again, I need advice on where I should look for crappie on the TN river here around Huntsville. I would like to fish the main river since I can launch my boat a short distance from the house. I know there are some fantastic lake in this area, but I really ant to fish the river because of it's distance from me. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Post Thanks / Like

If you put in at the Recreation Center, on the Arsenal, just start right there hitting the docks, and lay downs. Good luck!
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Kev

Quote Originally Posted by racerkvn
    If you put in at the Recreation Center, on the Arsenal, just start right there hitting the docks, and lay downs. Good luck!
    Dont you have 2 to have a permit or something to fish from the arsenal.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

hello, in order to fish the Arsenal lakes a special permit is required, however to fish in the river there are no special permits. There are a few nice small lakes here, but they are almost always closed due to the ranges being hot, so getting the permit is really not worth it from what I can see.

Post Thanks / Like

if there are creeks feeing into the river with any laydowns at the mouths, fish them. If there are any bridges fish them as well

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Not from there but....

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsup
    Hello again, I need advice on where I should look for crappie on the TN river here around Huntsville. I would like to fish the main river since I can launch my boat a short distance from the house. I know there are some fantastic lake in this area, but I really ant to fish the river because of it's distance from me. Thanks for any advice you can give.
    I'm not from that area but I do run the Tn. River on a towboat for Ingram Barge Co. I would think that Flint River (about mile 339 or so) and Painted Rock River (right below Guntersville Lock) would be a good place to start. :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the ponds out there years, I mean YEARS ago, before when we all could get on the arsenal. You did have to have a permit to fish them, but Man, was it worth it!! We caught so many fish out there it's almost pittiful! There is one pond in peticular called Bradford Sinks, it is closed most of the time, but when you ever get a chance to fish it, GO! We caught alot of Largemouth out there, and there used to be a LOT of Crappie caught out there drifting. Another good one is, Igloo pond, it's kind of hard to fish, and it's deep, but there is some really good Bass in there too. You have to have a small boat to really fish these ponds effectively. Thykal (sp) is another good pond, but it's best from a boat too. Rock pond, was a good one, but it's no longer open at all now. Area 48 pond was another good one, but closed too. I really wished I could back out there to fish Bradford Sinks, it was by far my favorite of all the ponds!! I never went out there and didn't catch.......I caught my fish bowfin out there too, I had no idea what it was back then though, watch out for them, they have some serious teeth!! Good luck!
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet