Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need to go to the bank...

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need to go to the bank...

One of my closest fishing buds and I were drift fishing for channels about 15 years ago out in the flats on a hot August afternoon. As would have it my friend felt the urge coming on to take a dump and indicated that we may have to go to the bank shortly. A few minutes later it was "John, get me to the bank". Now we are out about a mile from the closest shore and I am running a 18.5 ft Lowe with a 90 hp...running about 40 mph, no problem right? We got about 300 yards from the shore when my buddy grabbed my arm and bellowed out one word.... "STOP"! Now I have seen flashes of lightning so quick that you could miss them in the blink of an eye but Joe's dash to the side of my boat would make Kasey Kahne's dash to the finish line look like molasse. He went to the port side of the boat like it was his second home. Furthermore, the abrupt stop that we made created a fair amount of wake. Needless to say his ability to remain on the edge of the boat was nothing short of lockjaw. As I was reaching into my storage compartment to provide him with the neccesary toiletries, the least I could do, I vividly remember 2 things...the pain in my side from laughing and the authenitc and indisputable murmur of a man finding deliverance from a harrowing experience!
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

My brother and I had a similar experience. We were fishing a bass tournament and I was catching fish flippin Cypress Trees.. He hollers to go to the bank quickliy. Then about 15 minutes later same thing. Well needless to say he was cutting in on my fishing time. The third time I turn around laughing . quote'' Hang your arse over the side !'':rolleyes:
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stop laughing....On the other hand,i wouldn't want to fish there...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Chumming is illegal in most bass turneys

Post Thanks / Like

Cook makes a good point, wouldn't that be considered chumming? I caught a blue shark once after a friend barfed up breakfast and chummed it in. But it's legal to chum sharks.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Talking memories --- how they haunt us

you guys are on to somthin"-- got tears in my eyes-- most of us fishermen have been there or had to run a partner to the bank or a patch of trees to hang it over---where's my hankey

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy (name withheld) and I were over at the lake in his boat when he put his life jacket on and jumped in the water. I asked him why he wanted to go swimming since we were fishing and the water's still a little bit cool. He started laughing, and I noticed a "Baby Ruth" floating in the water. I remind him of that every time I see him.......

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO
    Moderator of Fishin Fanatics - National Fishing Forum
    http://fishinfanatics.com/forums/index.php?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL now that's funny. It hasn't happened to me yet and I hope that it doesn't.