Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: St. Louis County Parks and Rec. Crappie Seminars

Post Thanks / Like

Post St. Louis County Parks and Rec. Crappie Seminars

For anyone in the St. Louis area - The St. Louis County Parks and Recreations Dept. hosts some pretty good crappie fishing seminars in late Jan. and early Feb at the Greensfelder Complex. Last year I heard boardmember Bruce Carp speak, and it got me pumped up for the Spring.

For those interested the have a Mark Twain Crappie Fishing Program at 7:30 on Jan 18 and a LOZ program at 7:30 on Jan 31. I'm not sure if their website has been updated yet, but in any event, here is the address: http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/parks/

Happy Holidays to All!
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

There ya go Fry.:D :D

Oh come on just because I said it before anyone else.:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Jackpot- The website you posted was for 2006- I think we need 2007- if they are even going to do this anymore. I was talking to Tom Hargrove when I was buying a fly rod blank and he said the man who put that on retired. I hope they still have the programs, but there were a bunch of urban ladies running the show and the guy that used to run it had to fight for every little crumb they decided to throw his way. He was miserable dealing with them, from what I heard- to much stupid immature politics (sound familiar?).

I went to Bruce's seminar there a couple years ago- and I went to Tom Hargrove's rod building workshops. They all seemed very popular to me, but if we don't have somebody on our side in that department, I don't know if the fishing programs will still keep going.

If you can confirm these taking place in 2007, I would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishingee
    There ya go Fry.:D :D

Oh come on just because I said it before anyone else.:D :D
    Yea and while you're there you can pick up some more of that cable you use for fishin line
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested our club is going to hold seminars at the Columbia Bass Pro Shops the first weekend of March during the spring classic. I dont know the times yet but will post when I know.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang
    Jackpot- The website you posted was for 2006- I think we need 2007- if they are even going to do this anymore.

If you can confirm these taking place in 2007, I would appreciate it.

TwainGang, for some reason the website has not been updated. But, I received a newspaper insert listing the 2007 programs on the dates in my original post. Lynn Tharp is listed for the Mark Twain program and Skip Surbaugh is listed for the LOZ program.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds good...

A buddy and I fished with Skip in October while trying to learn a bit about the dam/gravois area of LOZ. Nice guy, funny. I'd be interested in hearing him at the seminar...
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZcrappie
    A buddy and I fished with Skip in October while trying to learn a bit about the dam/gravois area of LOZ. Nice guy, funny. I'd be interested in hearing him at the seminar...

That's good to hear, LOZcrappie. I figure there's always more to learn.

-Jackpot

Post Thanks / Like

now, how do you boys know i'm not giving or assisting with these seminars? i give lots of seminars in the winter for work. (they deal with plants though) i do work with STL county parks pretty regularly though, they're not bad people, lots and lots of in-fighting. i just may go to oneof these. thanks for posting the info jackpot, i hadn't heard about them.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold