Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Possible Scam going around on Hotmail and Paypal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Possible Scam going around on Hotmail and Paypal

I say possible because I am not sure when or if I ever signed up for a pay pal account. I can't ever remember signing up for a paypal account.

But today I got an email from what appeared to be paypal and it was telling me to do something fast or I would lose my paypal account. Trouble is I DON"T HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM THAT I KNOW OF.

So this may be a scam to get people to give them account information.

Beware if you get this type of email in your inbox.

I sent it prompty to the Junk Mail Box an put the sender on my block sender Hotmail list.

I can always go get a real account if I ever need one. But I really don't need one at this time and never in the past did I want one

Beware Ladies and Gentlemen of the Spammers in this world and the con-artists.

Did anyone else get an email like this recently?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    I say possible because I am not sure when or if I ever signed up for a pay pal account. I can't ever remember signing up for a paypal account.

But today I got an email from what appeared to be paypal and it was telling me to do something fast or I would lose my paypal account. Trouble is I DON"T HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM THAT I KNOW OF.

So this may be a scam to get people to give them account information.

Beware if you get this type of email in your inbox.

I sent it prompty to the Junk Mail Box an put the sender on my block sender Hotmail list.

I can always go get a real account if I ever need one. But I really don't need one at this time and never in the past did I want one

Beware Ladies and Gentlemen of the Spammers in this world and the con-artists.

Did anyone else get an email like this recently?
    You did the right thing! This is a scam for sure! They have done this to me 3 different times now. I DO have Paypal & Ebay accounts. The emails these scammers sent me are official looking notices. One said that I had made a payment through PayPal to such and such for a phone I bought on Ebay...If this is in error, or you suspect fraud, click here... DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS, OR ENTER ANYTHING IN THESE EMAILS - EVER!!!

I also got one similar to yours from Ebay. Something about a TKO knock out unless I updated my user profile....SAME SH+T!! Ebay has a special place to paste a copy of the original "spoof" email & it's tag line. They are doing everything possible to catch these thieves!

Be careful people! I had to change debit cards, pass words, etc, just because I had started to enter in info due to panic. Exactly what they want & expect you to do. If you type it on your computer, they've got it!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 12-29-2004 at 04:55 PM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

I got a couple of those a while back but mine were from Ebay . I had read something about them so I just ignored them .

Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent