Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Have A Favor To Ask

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Have A Favor To Ask

If you have time and don't mind I sure would like some feedback on something I just finished. I too many of the jigs I tie and took some group photos and numbered them to see if it would help the people trying to see and tell me what they want.

Anyway if you would take a look at the bottom of the page and look at the group photos and tell me what you think. I am a little unhappy with it and don't want to start over, but I may have to. Click on the link please!

http://thumpitjigs.com/Jigs.html

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default my .02

skip,
    first, your jigs are very nice and have also inspired me to dabble in making my own jigs. I use it for quality time with my 8 year old, daughter. I let her pick the color combinations and just do the tying. Good times.

My advice on your pictures? from left to right picture 2 and 5 are very good in both size and arrangement. the other three have too many choices and are too "busy" to really digest with the eyes. I do some web development for some non-profits and arranging pictures to be eye catching and pleasing is most important. You also have to keep consistant with not only the size of picture but content.

Overall, your stuff looks great and as i said it has given me hours of entertainment. catching fish with a jig that you created is most rewarding but pales in comparision to creating jigs and fishing those same ones with your children

Thanks
    Twister
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Jigs look great....you may want to use a different font and a different or bolder color for the numbering, though.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Also, you may want to put the specific name of the jig and what number it corresponds to somewhere on that page.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Why are you unhappy with it? Is it too unorganized?

Personally, its entertaining to look through all the jigs you've tied. Like he said above, if your going to be really picky about being organized you could spend more time redoing the photo's, but in my opinion what you have there is good enough. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands and its a burr under your saddle, I would let good enough be good enough.

For someone really interested in your jigs half the fun is sifting through what you have and picking what you like. Kinda like someone hooked on household sales. Half the fun is looking.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I started out separating by material, especially tail material, but then I forgot some that I added back in later.

If you notice the first 3 pics, the first one is hackle tails. The second one Kiptails. The third one is more different kind of hair and some synthetic material. The next one is more fancy material either body material of feathers. The the last one is marabou tails. The 4th one is the biggest mess as it has some normal hackle tails in there too. Other than that is it by material. The 4th one is really the problem and as pointed out by mistertwister it has too many and not all the same type material as i had on the others.

Peak Vise Dealer

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

I agree with Grizz's statement about sifting through...It could be uniform with a certain number on each page and uniform size but for me it's fine the way it is.

Skip, when you sell an individual jigs do you keep one of each color you sell him for future reference? Just a thought......DonG #1, DonG #2 etc....Would be a lot easier on future orders...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

The page looks good to me Skip. I like the groupings together b/c someone may like the pattern of a certain jig but prefer a different dip on the ball of the jig or plain. It's cool to see all the options.

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

Your jigs look great. When I shop for jigs on-line I go in sites that tell me what jigs I'm viewing. By that I mean the colors of the jig. The reason I do so is because I'm colored blind. My bad colors are shades of Blue's, Red's. Chartreuse looks yellow to me but I remember colors. I trust friends to tell me and then I remember them. When I opened up one of your jig pages, the colors clashed. I know it would be alot of work to chart them in color categories but, maybe dummies like me can see things more clearer. Just a thought. You do make good looking jigs, good job....
    Last edited by fishingpox; 12-21-2006 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    I agree with Grizz's statement about sifting through...It could be uniform with a certain number on each page and uniform size but for me it's fine the way it is.

Skip, when you sell an individual jigs do you keep one of each color you sell him for future reference? Just a thought......DonG #1, DonG #2 etc....Would be a lot easier on future orders...
    No not as something I do as a norm, but if I like them I do try to remember to take a picture so if I want to put it on the web page. That is a thought though and maybe I should keep one for my self. I do take a picture of some orders when they are ready. Sometimes I take a picture before I put them in the little plastic bags or sometimes after. I do this to try and remember what they ordered so if they need a refill, LOL!

fishingpox that is not the first time I have heard of problems for the people that are colored blind. I think maybe I need to find a way to state the colors. This presentation thing has bothered me for a wile and I guess this year I will address this issue either by grouping them or just stating the colors on the jigs.

Thank You for all the thoughtful comments I do appreciate it for sure!

Peak Vise Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast