Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got a question on tackle storage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a question on tackle storage

Got a question, I've got a lot of packages of tubes and grubs. Some have salt and others don't. I'm wanting to put all of them in a Plano box out of the package if it'll be fine to do so that I'm not going through like 50 packages just to find a certain color. Is it fine to put all the salted and unsalted ones on their individual slots or do I just need to keep them in the packages. Just starting to get big time into crappie fishing and just trying to get thing organized to keep the boat a little cleaner. Thanks

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a problem doing that. Just make sure you don't leave any hooks in with the salt.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I won't. It's just gonna be plastics in the planos. Turns out I'll have 2 containers since I've filled up one with unsalted ones. Lol. Thanks for the reply

Post Thanks / Like

I have one big box I put all my packages in and just put in the plano I have found they keep their color and scent better in the packages.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

what you can also do and it works real good is get you a box of ; 1 gallon freezer bags a bag will hold several packs of jigs and they clear so you can see what jig you want , then get you a canvas zip-up bag to put all you gallon bags of jigs in and use the plano boxes to store your jigheads in !!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

This is my solution. This is a commercial version of what Strmwalker mentioned. It saves allot of time in finding a color. I like to keep them in the original bags also.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes short grub, lahotwood LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I keep em in the bags and ones that dont come in bags, I put in bags with Anis oil in all of em. Then keep the bags in big plano boxes. Have 3 of the big boxes crammed full and 2 others with jigheads and floats and such. Then 3- 1' pool noodles with rigs ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I just started putting them all in plano boxes this winter. Before that they were just in bags at the bottom of the tackle box. We'll see how it goes this year, maybe ill have to try something else.