Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HT Panfish Special Graphite reviews?

Post Thanks / Like

Default HT Panfish Special Graphite reviews?

ANybody using the HT Panfish Special all-graphite? Im looking to replace my arsenal and going to buy 4 new rods. 2-10' and 2-12 footers. I have a HT Jiggin stick all graphite 12' and I like it. But Id rather have the threaded reel seat. Are the Panfish Specials real "whippy" or do they have a little backbone like the B&M's. Hate to buy online without picking it up and feeling it but If I can get some good feedback from everybody I may pull the trigger. If not...Ill be off to Bass Pro this weekend and check their inventory. Thanks
    Chris

EDIT: By the way...I did do a search and found some info...but most was on the NON-graphite rods. ANd nothing really describing the action of the rod.

Post Thanks / Like

All I use is HT 12' Graphite. I got mine from Grizzly Jig. My son Juicy and my Pa in Law use them also.
    I fish 7 days a week; some days for fish, everyday for men.

Post Thanks / Like

they are good rods We use the 14' pro trollers for both tightlining and trolling, the 12'ers are just as good. Grizzly has them and can tell you all you need to know about them.

Ps.... southern crappie rods are good also and almost unbreakable. you can google them also for more info. But you want go wrong with either.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

SouthernCrappie rods are all I use now. Best rod for the money out there.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    I see they are Kevlar...how is the weight? Lighter than graphite?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    X2 !
    Minnermatics Prostaff
    My wife lets me buy all the rods and reels I can hide.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Progator135 View Post
    I see they are Kevlar...how is the weight? Lighter than graphite?
    Yes. I had one guy try to tell me they were heavier than the Capps and Coleman. Not in my opinion. They have a very sensitive tip but plenty of backbone to handle bigger fish. I do not recommend this and I have no affiliation with them, I have put my 14 fter in a rod holder and taken the line in my hand, bent the tip back almost to the handle with out breaking. Was demonstrating to some folks at our fall camp how tough they are. I just believe in them and Ed Dukes is a great guy to deal with. When buying them you are dealing directly with with the guy who developed the rod.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I am spider rigging with my rods and they are in the holder most of the time, so weight wasn't on the top of my list. I hate whippy rods, I wanted a rod with some backbone but still sensitive. Have been using 12' B'n'M brushcutters, they have more backbone to me than other B'n'M rods. Decided to to try some 14 footers and on recommendations here got two Southern Crappies, Can't speak to the weight cause I don't have anything to compare them too except 12' rods. I can say when I put them together I said too myself that they felt light. I am well satisfied with the rods and when I get ready for more, they will be Southern Crappie's
    Minnermatics Prostaff
    My wife lets me buy all the rods and reels I can hide.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I sell and use the HT Graphites, light weight and sensitive. Ideal for long line trolling; however, not heavy enough for spider rigging with 1/2 oz or more of lead. Ideal jigging pole! Price is excellent for graphite.

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

BPS has their Crappie Madness Sale right now. The Crappie Maxxx signature series are very sensitive rods, have a good backbone, and are not as whippy as the BGJP's are. They sale both so hold them in your hands and feel for yourself. I will be updating my 14fters this year tomorrow! Like the new fluorescent tips on the poles. 14's are only 40 bucks. Steal! Good time to get a new dock shooting rod for the low too!
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast