Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where to go for a week

Post Thanks / Like

Cool where to go for a week

hey names mike and I live in northern Illinois. im planning on taking my 3 girls (7,6,4) on a camping/fishing trip somewhere in the Midwest region. id drive up to 8 hours one way. I would like your opinions as to where you guys would go if you had 7 days to go fishing? what would be the best time between june and end of august to go? love crappie/cat fishing and girls just love having tight lines. thanks for any input. have thought about Kentucky lake, reelfoot, rend, crab orchard, Shelbyville. looking to tent camp unless someone knows a reasonable cabin rental with dock.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at Truman lake, Contact Bucksaw Marina lodging right on water,or a fine campground right on water also....june would be a great time lake full of crappie and fine catfish
    Likes keeferfish LIKED above post

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rend Lake had great camping.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Well if you would go as far as reelfoot, maybe you would consider Taneycomo/Table Rock area. Lots of things for families (including trout fishing).....Silver Dollar City is fun for the whole family. Trout can be caught all year. Table Rock is beautiful and relatively uncrowded. There are caves, shows, shopping.....just plenty of things for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

looked up bucksaw good rates for a cabin and waterfront very nice ive never heard about Truman lake will have to do more research.

I fished rend as a kid with my dad a few time haven't been there in many many years. what part of te lake was god camping.

ill have my boat with and would prefer places that had docks if anyone knows any where I can leave it in the water all week.

where are all the first choice picks you guys have????

thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

With little ones like that go to Disney Land. They will bore quick.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA
    Likes BAMA S LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Carlyle lake has crappie and tons of channel cats. I have seen posts on here where they pull cats out by the hundreds. Don't know about cabins or camping but just go to the Army Corp of Engineers site and you can check it out there. I know here on the Ville you can camp at Lithia and leave your boat tied up onthe banks or at the marina overnight for a fee and a security gaurd will check on it throught out the night. There is cabins at the entrances of lithia too. Worth checking out. I can point you in the right direction for you and your girls to catch some crappies.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

My choice would be Reelfoot if the kids really like to fish. Blue gill, crappie and catfish. Get a hotel with a pool and all is good.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but I second Disney! 7 and 5 year old here

Post Thanks / Like

My choice would be Truman lake. Several campgrounds with swimming beaches next to campground. Clean bath houses with lots of crappie and catfish in the lake. Several family style dining places close by too. Camp by the water and beach your boat at campsite all week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast