Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: best place to get tying supplies?

Post Thanks / Like

Default best place to get tying supplies?

Where is the best place to get tying supplies? Hooks, feathers, hair, wrapping, and etc.
    thanks very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westsam
    Where is the best place to get tying supplies? Hooks, feathers, hair, wrapping, and etc.
    thanks very much.

there are a lot of various places. I use Barlow's Tackle for most of my stuff. Then there's Janns Netcraft that has about the same materials. These two should have about what you need for the best price. have a great day----john

Post Thanks / Like

I like Barlow's also, they are fast.

Also Nick Pionessa down at Oak Orchard Fly Shop is a great guy to deal with, Ive bought most of my supplies there. They carry Quality stuff and have some great advise.
    I've been to their store in williamsville New York (Buffalo) quite a bit, Nick shares his techniques readily and is a great tier.

this will get you to their site http://www.oakorchardflyshop.com/

Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas have lots of goodies.

For Hair, I process my own with 20 Mule Team Borax, and dye with either rit dye or Kool aid...My Foam Bodies, I use foam from a craft store. Wing cases.. old audio cassette tape.

I improvise as much as possible!

A lot of feathers I am able to scrap, from duck hunters....Joanns craft stores has a lot of goodies for tiers.

Hope this helps
    Roy