Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First January fishing for Sac

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request First January fishing for Sac

I always think when I go fishing I'm gonna catch fish. Went three days last week and caught 3 Mon, 18 Tue, 3 Wed. Am I on the right track for this time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, you caught some! I would thank whomever I can if I get just one!! It's the cold water. Makes them slow and deep. I catch about 10-20 each outing.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Well youre doing better than me, I caught zero the last three weeks. Of course everything up here is iced over and I dont do ice fishing so.

Im happy if I catch anything when I go out so I wouldnt worry about how many. Sometimes theynjust dont want to bite.

Post Thanks / Like

I was kinda happy with what I did because I was fishing a place I've never been before but it sure looked fishy.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

No guarentees in fishing but will bite most days if you locate them. Seem to bite better certain times of day too.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

That's why they call it fishing instead of catching. Everyone has bad days too,don't let them fool you. Some times you win other times the fish win. If every time people went fishing if they caught a boat load there would not be any left. This time of the year most people don't even try to catch crappie, but spring is coming and the lakes will be full of fishermen then, including my wife and me. So enjoy just being out fishing on the lakes now with less people on it. And just think you may hang into that big 19 incher that I dream of catching.