Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Honor your Father and Mother

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Honor your Father and Mother

Call them, better yet visit them. One day the phone will not get answered and the doors will never open again.

I had an experience where someone I know who was left along. He was found dead in bed. He had been dead 4-5 days. If his son was not so self centered, the man would still be alive. Too late to cry. So sad good bye.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes RMGeorge, Don G, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is some food for thought CanePole.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Both of mine are gone now but I talked to them every day. If I had to be somewhere for a few days I had a few folks that would check on them for me. The last one died in 1994. I still need help with second opinions on a regular basis. Not that I would use their advise all the time but they were always there for me.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

true
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

yessir, been checking on momma every other day. been seeing her every weekend for the last two months. mom will be 80 this year, i hope i'm dead before she is, she's stronger than me. i can't imagine this world without momma, i put her life above mine
    Likes kycreek, Billbob, Cane Pole, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good son
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks cp.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ephesians 6:1-4 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

Tom,
    My mother passed in 1982 of a sudden heart attack she was 62. My father passed in 2003 of a sudden heart attack. He was dead in Tennessee six days before the message got to me in Ohio. He was 83 I never got to say goodbye to either one because their passing was so unexpected and so sudden. I thank God I always did the best I could for them while they were living and always told them "I love you."
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Don G, Cane Pole LIKED above post

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Always a thought of mine, what will my later years become. Doing what I do for a living I never know when someone else' mistake will call me home. I try to tell everyone that means anything to me that I love them. Some friends looked at me funny early on but they got used to it. It helps me find comfort when I think of things like that. Dad went home in '93, Mom in '96. Miss them every day. Spent a lot of time with Mom before she left and wish I had spent more. The story you told happened to an ex-brother in law, his Dad had been gone 4 or 5 days. He left peaceful, just sat down, laid his head back after mowing some grass and went home. That was the only comfort in all that. Things have changed so much from when I was small regarding older relatives. I lived in the 'burbs and there were several families that had Aunt's, Uncles. G parents all living with them. Part of the deal. I wonder where I'll fit in? We all need to make time for others and let them know how we feel no matter how uncomfortable it makes us.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around