Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod holders

i'm thinking about a 8 rod transport rack by driftmaster. i dont know if i want the offset that hangs the rods out over the water or the center mount that puts em over the gunnel. appreciate any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  rod racks 001.jpg
Views: 3952
Size:  51.5 KBhad Hitek stuff make these for me.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the price of driftmaster, but check out Cumberlandcrappie.com transport rack
    8 rod start at $125
    Comes off in one piece for easy storage

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out monkscrappie.com

Monk

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing to consider about letting them stick outside of the boat is whether they will get in the way if you tie your boat to a dock or when you come out of a garage or other structure. The Driftmaster tip savers also come in a 4" stem or an 8" stem. They are easily removable and yet very sturdy. You can check them out on my website at Extreme Fishing Concepts By the way Driftmaster will also customize any of these if you would like. I have some on my boat that David at Driftmaster built for my pontoon and will hold 16 rods. I have had many comments on them.
    Likes Specklocker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on your boat. I have a pro crappie and the right seat is set in from the side so I use the center mount ones. If you are gonna use it with open face reels, I would suggest the taller racks but, then again it would depend on your boat set up. I really like mine. I even trailer to the lake with rods in holders.....I do bungee the tips together to keep them from flapping around in the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

got mine from ezpoleholder on the miss. forum
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

just remember if you're jigging brush and trees, the offset rack will put the rod's outside the boat ! I had that setup,and broke 2 tips at 2 different times. But to answer the original question,between the off set and the center type driftmaster I preferred the offset ! I would recommend either creekslick's or e-z transports rack's if it suit's you're need's as that's what I went to.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the rod locker from Driftmaster and David at Drftmaster customized a tip saver 8"X30" for the console side of my boat (Pro Crappie). This raises the rods out of the way when I'm running the boat. Take the advise and don't have any rods stored outside of the boat. I have the rod locker mounted on the gunnel and it gets in the way at the dock.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Rod Safe. It has a key lock, and it also has three holes on the bottom of the lock end so you can offset it right or left or keep it centered. They are sold at Grizzly Jigs, and are made by a local angler and his dad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast