Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This don't add up ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default This don't add up ?

If Bass Pro bought Ranger why has Cabelas sent out one stop shop for boats flyer featuring Ranger boats ? Any thoughts folks ?
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

Post Thanks / Like

Because Bass pro likes to make money. Might be a contract thing that ranger had with Cabelas that they cant break
    Likes Cray LIKED above post

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If I were Bass Pro, I would want all major Suppliers to be selling Rangers. Get my money on the front end.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure we will start seeing Rangers in BPS asap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

BP might own it, however they are different corporations. Why shoot yourself in the foot by not selling to cabelas. A sale is a sale
    Likes Cray LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

They will make money off of every Ranger sold regardless of who sales it.

Post Thanks / Like

plus it looks good for cabelas to be selling Bass Pro products

Post Thanks / Like

Yet BP doesn't sell Lowe boats but Cabelas does ?
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

Post Thanks / Like

Well tracker marine makes bass tracker, nitro boats, which Johnny started back in the day if I'm not mistaken. Now they own Ranger, Triton, and Stratos bass boats.... If you're gonna carry one of the MAJOR bass brands (there are others out there, these are the most common names in boats) ya gotta got through the Bass Pro Company. my for what its worth

Post Thanks / Like

BPS does not own Ranger. Johnny Morris owns Ranger. Big difference. I think I wrote this in another forum however I will share here.

My sister works for the major corporation that owned Ranger and several other boat holdings. Ranger was the last boat line this company owned (and they wanted to get out of the boat holdings business). They did a good thing for the industry as without this company buying failing companies during the recession, most of them would exist today.

Johnny Morris has been life long friends with the founder of Ranger. Some think he bought this company as to ensure it's stability and because of his friendship with Forrest.

At any rate, everyone knows that Nitro and their other lines usually don't hold a candle to Ranger. The thought process is that Johnny will utilize the technologies in the Ranger line to expand his Nitro line and make things better all the way around. Some even questioned why in the world Ranger built an aluminum boat and the word on the street is that it was possibly done to attract a potential buyer. Johnny might delete this lineup or he might use certain things in his Tracker line. The Ranger aluminum leaves alot to be desired so the thought may also be that they will rebrand boats right from the tracker line itself.

I spoke with two different officials in the industry (one at BPS and one at Cabelas). Cabelas has no intention of stopping the sales of Ranger and BPS currently has no intentions of selling the ranger line. Ranger is still the title sponsor for many of Cabelas tournaments.

It was a smart business move on Johnny's part. You Own BPS, and you OWN ranger. good way to make money from another store. Johnny also knows the huge face slap they took when they aquired the Mako line and what they did to that boat. They don't want to make the same mistake again.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast