Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to Go?

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Where to Go?

My brother, myself and my dad (76 years young) are needing to plan a Crappie trip for a week in the spring, probably last of March or early April. Dad's health is declining and my brother and I feel this may be our last fishing venture with him. We want to make it special for him and not tell him where we are going, just plan it, and let him enjoy! We have fished alot of lakes in the south, Watts Bar, TN, Douglas Lake, Tn, Chickamaugua Lake, Tn, Kentucky and Barkley Lakes, KY, Lake Cumberland, KY, West Point lake, GA, Lake Martin, AL. We want to take him so he can catch numbers and some nice fish. Where would you go, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee to a lake for size and numbers and probably just as important, good accommodations, cabin or rooms, boat dock closeby? I know this is a great board with some great fishermen and fisherladies, any help would be appreciative! Looking for names of places to stay, lake, and best times to go.
    Thanks,
    Bassky,
    Dave :p

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bassky
    My brother, myself and my dad (76 years young) are needing to plan a Crappie trip for a week in the spring, probably last of March or early April. Dad's health is declining and my brother and I feel this may be our last fishing venture with him. We want to make it special for him and not tell him where we are going, just plan it, and let him enjoy! We have fished alot of lakes in the south, Watts Bar, TN, Douglas Lake, Tn, Chickamaugua Lake, Tn, Kentucky and Barkley Lakes, KY, Lake Cumberland, KY, West Point lake, GA, Lake Martin, AL. We want to take him so he can catch numbers and some nice fish. Where would you go, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee to a lake for size and numbers and probably just as important, good accommodations, cabin or rooms, boat dock closeby? I know this is a great board with some great fishermen and fisherladies, any help would be appreciative! Looking for names of places to stay, lake, and best times to go.
    Thanks,
    Bassky,
    Dave, check this out http://www.kerrlake.com/cottages/index.htm
    We go over there every march for a week and always catch a lot of crappie. The cabins have all the comfort of home and the people (Scott) that run it are fantasstic.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Jason Piper with J.T. Crappie Guide Services. I fish Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas. Late March and early April are outstanding on Beaver Lake with catch rates from about 45 to 100 fish a day, with several over 1.5 lbs being caught.
    Check out my link below, it has places to stay around the lake or on the lake! We'd love to have you! I can accommodate up to 3 people.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for some big crappie then I would recommend lake Granada in Mississippi. That is where Richard Williams goes when he is not guiding on KY Lake. If you want to fish KY lake then give Richard a call. For Arkansas and a good fishing trip give Jerry Blake a call.

If you research the www.crappieusa.com web site you may find that some of the biggest crappie catches ever caught in a professional crappie fishing tournament were caught on lake Granada in Mississippi.

I don't know about the accomodations down there but I know that Richard may. They were catching 3lb and 4lb fish during the last crappie usa tournament and they had a ten fish limit that weighted over 20 lbs on that lake.

I can still remember the last fishing trip I took with my dad. It was on Barkey Lake at Prizer point. We slayed the largemouth bass that day.

I think that it's really great that you guys are talking your father on this fishing trip and I wish you the best of lucky and hope you all have a safe and wonder trip where ever you decide to go.

I myself plan on fishing KY lake the last week of March this coming year. Hope to have a fun trip fishing with Cane Pole as he is off that time of the year and we plan on hooking up and pulling up a few big KY lake Big Sandy River Slabs.

Thanks,
    Bassky,
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Its Grenada Lake in Grenada Mississippi

Post Thanks / Like

www.grenadamississippi.com used to be a good site, but shows it isn't up anymore, try doing a google search on it. Showed thousands of hits for it. The word is that monster Crappie are not that uncommon there.
    Last edited by fatboy; 12-30-2004 at 07:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew that spell Cker was somewhere in here. Good catch Big J

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Its Grenada Lake in Grenada Mississippi
    Regards,

Moose1am

Bruce Guest

Default Kentucky Lake

undefined
    Thanks,
    Bassky,

Bassky, I've gone to kentucky lake for a few years now and always had good luck. I also go with my 70 something uncle. We fish the blood river off the lake. I've stayed at kentucky beach resort the rooms are O.K. but it's a little hilly for the older guys but you can drive to the dock, they don't have boats to rent with front trolling motors os it's hard to control there boats. The plus is that they are right on the river so if the wind is up you can still fish. A much nicer place to stay is Paradise resort, rooms are nicer and they have great boats to rent. The only down side is they are mile or so from the mouth of the river, you can still get to the river when the wind is up it just takes a little longer. This is where we are going in april. You can check them out on the web at www.americaspardiseresort.com . I also use John Morgan as a guide the first day I'm there to learn the patterns, colors, etc. ( and have for years ) I fond this worth the money it makes the trip much more productive. I have to travel from Chicago and don't want to waste time looking for were the fish are. You can find him at the same web site. If you have any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected] Bruce