Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The price of gasoline at the pumps

Post Thanks / Like

Default The price of gasoline at the pumps

I know there are several who rejoice at the current prices so they may be able to buy more, regardless how it effects others. And laugh about it. Folks are losing their jobs regular. The paper from yesterday:

Name:  Friday Paper.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  62.4 KB

Over 5,000 lost their jobs at Halliburton. Stone Energy in Lafayette this week laid off 15% of it's workforce. Many others are doing the same - too many to list. Today's paper:

Name:  Saturday paper.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  66.1 KB

State civil service employees will soon be required to take a day of furlough every pay period because of lost revenue from the oil and gas industry. The trickle down effect. Daughter and son in law worried. Son and daughter in law worried. I warned them months ago to tighten up - but no. For those uninformed that didn't see this coming have had their heads in the sand. I tried to warn folks when I saw the hand writing on the wall, been in this business for 40 years. Hate to see this.
    Last edited by Tracker123; 01-17-2015 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    Randy Andres
    Likes "D", shadow, RMGeorge LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hurts us retired folks who happen to invest in oil as well. Don't worry about the unemployment, Randy. The current administrations(fed and state) will make it not even show up in the numbers. Will probably even show less unemployed, like they have been doing for the last couple years,
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes shadow, Tracker123, RMGeorge, RetiredRR, brucec LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Bad for you good for 99% others. Never heard Any one say gas was to cheap before. Sorry for your luck man but I'd say its more sure bet than anything you could ever bet on in your life it'll be back to 3s in a year and definitely 4s eventually
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad for me hero, not at all. My luck is just fine, I have learned through experience. Bad for many around me. That's what's I am concerned about.
    Randy Andres

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Tracker123 would you care to guess how long the low prices will last? I really wish they could/would make it $3.00 and leave it alone!!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The price will rise when the traders are finished making money in a market that they pushed to the limit (bubble). Now they are pushing it to the other extreme. The sad thing is they make money both on the rise and the fall and we have to face the consequences.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes 20watt, Redge, RetiredRR, DaveB40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker123 View Post
    Not bad for me hero, not at all. My luck is just fine, I have learned through experience. Bad for many around me. That's what's I am concerned about.
    Man Randy, that is ALOT nicer of a response than I would have had......I am still learning. Congratulations on holding your tongue.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I did not think grant was being ugly. Although I think it will be bad for more than 1%. And I agree, it's going back up, just give it time.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

No I didn't mean it to be ugly sorry.
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to add. I think they will keep it down long enough to fool the public into accepting a new tax on it. Will say it is for highway repair. People (libs) will say, well it is still less than we were paying. After that passes look out. Price will sky rocket. JMO

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast