HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod Holder for Spider Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder for Spider Rigging

I want to set my boat up and do it right but I looked at the cost of one Spider Rigging Rod Holder at Cabela's and its $140.

What would you recommend, was wondering if you can get by with one in the front and one in the back, and have bases on each side so you could fish alternate sides ?

Or would you recommend two stands for the front and two for the back? 18 Ft aluminum Boat. Just have a hard time justifying
    4x $140.00

Hope this makes sense as to my thinking, Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Cumberland Crappie. They are also in KY, maybe you could save on shipping cost. Great products and prices.
    If you dont have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time time to fix it.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with Hi-Tek rod holders in my book. I have 6 pairs of bases from front to back of my 1860 aluminum boat so I can cover any style of fishing from spider rigging, longlining, pushing and pulling cranks, etc. I just move my rod holders to whatever the fish want.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes wannabe fisherman, yikess LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

check these holders out I love mine http://www.crappie.com/crappie/-memb...ransport-rack/

Post Thanks / Like

I started off with one T bar with 3 rod holders on just the left front side. Now have added the double seat set up and another holder on the right side for my son to fish up front with me. I have also added extra bases in the rear. Sure is a lot of fun when you get in bunch of fish, but frustrating when everything get hung up. Good Luck.
    If you dont have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time time to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lahotwood View Post
    Check out Cumberland Crappie. They are also in KY, maybe you could save on shipping cost. Great products and prices.
    Another vote for the guys at Cumberland Crappie. Not sure what part of the state your in but we drove 2 hours down with our boat to make sure the seat mounts fit the first time and even saved a little bit by driving down. They are some awesome people to deal with. Check out their website

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Spyder Lok rod holders. Very quality units.
    Here fishy, fishy, fishy...
    Likes dallman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You can also check out grizzly jig.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Hi-Tek's that I use every time I go. 9 bases are placed through the boat and enough holders to have up to 19 rods out at once if I wanted. The Extreme series are high sided and even big catfish can't muscle a rod out of place. Very satisfied, Member sponsor, a cottage business with the owner and his Dad, and just an overall good guy.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post
    Thanks Anchor Mouse thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the HI-TECs I think a 4 rod setup is under a 100.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA
    Likes yikess LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast