Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Me & the wife got a week in april we would like to take the 2,3,4,&5 for MTL!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me & the wife got a week in april we would like to take the 2,3,4,&5 for MTL!

What's a good place to start & a close place to stay at the lake going to fish don't want to drive all over to put in?

Post Thanks / Like

Pulling a camper or looking for a room? If you're looking for a room and place to stay, South Fork Resort is always the first that comes to mind. Ron and Mary run a great establishment, bait shop and general store, 5 minutes from South Fork ramp, 10 minutes from Route U (giving you quick access to the entire lake) and you're 10 minutes from the Dry Dock which has awesome chow.

What am I missing?

U

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. south fork is the better location for just fishing. there are over a half dozen ramps covering about 2/3 of the lake within 10 minutes or so. not a fancy place, but the service is top notch. there are many campgrounds around but the only other popular cabins are at the cannon dam resort. near the dam and the busier area of the lake. more resturants, fuel options shopping, ect. less fishing options and ramps near by.

Post Thanks / Like

I stay at South Fork usually- been going there through the last three owner transitions. We ate at the Dry Dock last year fall and it was very good food-it actually surprised me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    I stay at South Fork usually- been going there through the last three owner transitions. We ate at the Dry Dock last year fall and it was very good food-it actually surprised me!
    The guy behind the bar (if you've stayed at South Fork before, you know who I'm talking about) knows Twain like the back of his hand and 99% of the time is on fish....... good food, good people, cold beer.... can't really beat it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank guys For your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route U View Post
    The guy behind the bar (if you've stayed at South Fork before, you know who I'm talking about) knows Twain like the back of his hand and 99% of the time is on fish....... good food, good people, cold beer.... can't really beat it.
    I know him well- good guy, just don't get him started on bass fishermen! He used to work at South Fork.

Post Thanks / Like

I want!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justcameslabdaddy View Post
    I want!
    Timber Ridge is also a great place to stay. It's by the dam and close to Ray Behrens boat ramp. Very clean!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that were the wife book the room at.