Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good Commercial hits home.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Commercial hits home.

Got the football game on. Surfing here too. Daughter on the Wii game from Christmas. Boy walking around flicking a new pocket knife in one hand and a new, hand-held (cheap) ham radio in the other. Scanner on in the background listening to the calls for help come in. And this commercial catches my eye. Easy to forget just how many people are taking care of me. Same goes for every branch......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThImmlN-I8s

I don't forget the local cops, emts etc. Standing by the radio to help. I have to remind myself the cop I cuss when I crest the hill at 7 am, is the same cop who would have raced here if I had called at 3 am. The older male EMT that hugged my wife and calmed her shaking, as they carted her mom away. Telling her "we got her. I'm going to let go of your hand and hold hers on the way to the hospital". The teacher who's numbers are saved in my cell phone, who would do anything in this world to protect my daughter. Our lady principal who will not sit and enjoy an evening event at our school. She stands by the front door the entire time greeting and watching. She can't stand an unlocked, unattended door. She is a Marine. The school bus driver who went out on a limb to solve a problem for my family. The grand parents who get the kids off the bus everyday, reguardless of hurting hips, prickly feet, racing or mis-beating heart.

Oh, how different the evening news could be.......
    Last edited by Ranger690; 01-10-2015 at 09:12 PM.
    Likes Chasing Ghosts, tahoe 50 LIKED above post

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I like that too. I do inspections for a lot of Navy folks, pilots, Special Warfare, boat drivers, etc. buying homes in the area. A lot of them look the same age as my sister's grand kids or younger. I always laugh when they call me "Sir", and tell the that the only time someone should call me that is when they're putting cuffs on me or taking my money. Growing up A Navy brat and living in a Navy town I've seen and heard a lot of what our service guys go through. One thing I'll always remember is packing to move during my divorce, feeling like I was at the end of my rope, seeing the black four door sedan with three officers pass by going down the street knowing that a sailor wasn't coming home. I knew a young wife and two kids were going to receive the worst news of their lives, and that my problems were nothing compared to theirs.
    Likes Chasing Ghosts, tahoe 50 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Too cool, Dayton. I love a patriot. AMEN! Can't be grateful enough for our public servants. They are real unsung heroes--thank you for singing their song.

Post Thanks / Like

A great post Dayton.
    dave
    in currituck