Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lund Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lund Boat

I am still looking around for possibly getting a deep V boat. I slowed down looking a bit during the holidays. I still have my Ranger to fish out of. I was just looking a Lund boat. Those are some nice and expensive boats. Problem is that there is only 1 person in Tennessee that has one. LOL No Lund dealers or used Lund boats around here. Any one know where to find one to look at in driving distance (maybe 250 or less miles) from Nashville, Tennessee?

Post Thanks / Like

Lund is an extremely popular boat in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I've looked at all of them and you can't go wrong. In my opinion, they are overpriced. The last two boats I bought deep v alumacraft. I just bought a new one and love it. Look for a leftover model and save big. I found a 2013 competitor and saved 10 grand from a 2015. Cabelas carries them.
    Just my opinion. I'll bet almost any boat shop will deliver whatever you want to ypur front door though. Problem of buying a new boat that isnt sold close to you? No place to take it for warrenty work. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I strongly recommend you go see Tricia at Hanks Sales and Service in Raymond, Il, which is just south of Springfield. We just took delivery of our boat a few weeks ago (see boat pics thread). I got three prices, and she was $4800 cheaper than the other 2 dealers. All 3 were given the exact same list of options I wanted. We met with Matt after the boat came in so he could rig the electronics exactly the way we wanted it.
    We have nothing but good things to say about Tricia and Matt at Hanks Sales.
    Likes timd3200 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've read of rotting transom issues on Lund boats on other forums but no 1st hand experience. I bought a Alumacraft Classic 165 cs from Sandhill Boats in Dayton TN, Keith is a good guy to deal with. Very happy with my Classic so far.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had an Alumacraft Classic, then a Crestliner Fish Hawk, and now own a Lund Explorer SS Crappie edition. They are all good, just priced according to what you get. I would fish out of any of them. I haven't heard of any Lund rotten transoms on a boat built since the 60's.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

There is no doubt that the Lund boat is top notch. As has been said, they are expensive. Have you looked at Crestliners at all? These deep-V's are wider than Lunds and lighter to boot (all welded construction vs. riveted hulls). And they less expensive. I know 4 other fishermen, besides myself, that own Crestliners. No one has anything bad to say about them.

Other pluses: Crestliners have the option of a sprayed in Rhino-type lining, instead of carpeting. This is what I had on mine. Great for walking around traction and ease of clean-up. Lund boat have a vynal material that is glued in place. One fishing friend that has the 18' Lund tiller (Alaskan) is having a problem with this covering coming up in spots. No boat is perfect, but you really should shop around with some of the other manufacturers. Name brand alone may not be your best option. Could save you a few bucks and fit your needs just as well as a Lund. JMO!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes IkenI LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

go north
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I had to drive up to Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota when we purchased our deep v several years ago. I still keep my eye out for my next boat and he only ones I see pop up here in KY with any sort of regularity are Tracker and Lowe which are not in the same league as Lund, Crestliner, Alumacraft, Starcraft, etc. You'll find a small pocket of dealers to try around Lake Cumberland and Dale Hollow Lake where this hull style is more common with the folks there trolling for stripers and walleye.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Lund owner. My Mr Pike was bought new in 2004. Ordered it in March and picked it up first of Sept. It's a 2005 model. Let me say this, if you have never had one or been in one, don't make statements about them being over-priced. These are the most stable and well built aluminum boats made. If you don't want to pay top dollar for the best, that's your choice. I wanted the best so I paid for it. No regrets. If you cant afford a Lund, StarCraft is a good second but not nearly as well built. Always make sure your Lund isn't under-powered. They are heavy. Get the biggest motor you can afford with it.
    Likes Clint LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm near Pickwick dam Tn. Its around 2.5 to 3 hours for you. Mine is a Lund 1825 Pro Guide Tiller boat. Its a 2008 model and I had to drive to In to see one in person. And it was worth is even though its not the perfect boat. But its as close as I have found to the perfect boat for all my fishing. Crappie fishing it does it all, Spider rigging, Side pulling, Single pole fishing, Pulling jigs or cranks out the back. Sauger fishing in the winter time, Catfishing when I want to. Striper fishing perfect platform. Live bait fishing for small mouth bass below Pickwick Dam can't beat it.
    Picked it up on Friday and 9 days later was on Sardis lake in ms bouncing off stumps fishing the upper river part of the lake. Next day was running 4ft waves on the main lake there. For some reason we were the only boat out on the main lake. LOL it will take rough water and do its job. Not the dryest ride around but smooth and safe.
    Pete
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast