Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool noodles for storing rigs. Finding them in winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pool noodles for storing rigs. Finding them in winter?

I'm sure some of you guys have already figured out that the pool noodles are great for storing premade rigs. Does anyone know a good place to buy them in the winter time? People at walmart looked at me funny when I asked them if they had any pool noodles.. lol
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Swimming pool places
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of the noodles. Over time, your line will crush the noodle and rigs will get loose. Ends up being a mess. I found these plastic snell holders that are cheap, convenient and work great.
    Welcome to TJ's Tackle
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes Cray, Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The link won't take you to the item, don't know why. Just find snell holders once you get to the site.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use copper tubing foam insulation. You can get it in several sizes. They fit into my storage boxes better. I made a set each of double minnow, single minnow hook with jig on the bottom, and double gnats. I put eight rigs per tube which is the number of poles I fish. You can get them at any hardware store.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes Paris LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Lindy's Rigger Kit and it works great! Amazon.com : Lindy Riggers - Lindy Rigger Kit - 3 Per Box : Fishing Downriggers : Sports & Outdoors

You can get noodles from here also...WHITE FOAM

And this Plano Snell Rig Holder...Amazon.com : Plano Snell Rig Holder (18 Pack Inside a 3600 Stowaway) : Fishing Equipment : Sports & Outdoors

I have all three and they all work fine. You can use the noodles to wrap around your rod holder for spider rigging and wrap your snells arund it if you want. Like it was said, you may have to replace after a bit if the string cuts into the foam. I bought the foam because I also made some jugging noodles with it. I still have LOTS left over.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Those Lindy Riggers look nice. Price isn't bad either. Thanks!
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a case of the large diameter ones
    from Walmart online and had them delivered to the store. That way I didn't have to pay shipping.
    I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a store in town called Trader Horn(sells a little bit of everything) my GF went looking for a plastic kiddie pool the first of Dec.They had them.She was looking for one for her sister whose dog was having puppies and she stays in there with them.You never know what you'll find in some smaller stores.It won't be long and a lot of stores will be getting rid of winter stuff and stocking summer items.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

we have a place up here called "family dollar" and we just saw some there - two different size diameters - 50 cents each

fish4brains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast