Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice fishing KC area suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice fishing KC area suggestions?

Hello everyone. I recently relocated to the KC area and am an avid life long hard water fisher. I live in Olathe and was glad to see this cold weather which should help ice up many of the area lakes. If the lakes freeze up enough I am planning on hitting the ice this weekend and would welcome any suggestions on where to go. I'm originally from Chicago and had many great farm ponds to fish there but here I really dont know any land owners yet so I was thinking of Lake Olathe, one of the JOCO park lakes or maybe heading to Clinton. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Need to fill up my freezer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about clinton, but perry went from 15 percent ice covered to nearly 100 percent in a few days. I would imagine it would be a bit before we are able to safely walk on them. Now the smaller lakes you mentioned might be ready soon. I have been anxious for some good ice also. I mostly fish from different docks through the ice, but if it got thick enough, I think it would be a blast to hit my usual brush piles.
    Likes akey65 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information. I have fished Clinton but never Perry but now after I've researched it a bit I may give that a try this weekend.... Just need to find a decent lake map. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good lake map on my 998 humminbird lol.

Post Thanks / Like

drove around Hillsdale this morn saw 3 fishin up big bull didn't see much action through my opera glasses 1 fishin little bull 3 fishin Maryville in pile by the boat ramp saw several caught did not look like much size alot of vehicles at the heated dock releasing some water talked to a guy said he had not done much good 1 of the Maryville fishes had a lyon co. plate looks like he came a ways to fish