Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: All short STRIPER _ No keepers today

Post Thanks / Like

Default All short STRIPER _ No keepers today- all 22 to 28 inch

left owls creek again,yet in the 4th different boat in the past 6 days..... took the SS GUppy & decided to see what was south before we met the fleet off cape henry. 2 strecthes and a 20ounce mojo out back.......first rod goes off and its a dandy.....JW's first time for rock in the ocean so of course i had to knock the well over 40+ fish off with the net, took nearly 14 minutes to get this cow to the side of the boat. as tears streemed down his little cheeks i advised him he needs a bigger net !!
    an hour goes by and no more fish......head for the fleet and re drop lines and it was fish after fish after fish....awesome pullage all afternoon long - released stripers from 22 to right at 28, too close to call or take a chance so they all went back....mixed in with the rocks were blue that ranged from 26 to a 371/4 inch release......wire leaders saved all our lures from being ravaged except one strech lost its tail hook, the big blue pulled the eyelet roght threw the threads .......since i am such a grinch a certain little angel delivered a "wreath" for my front door while i was gone......bah humbug !!

Last edited by RACN35; 12-19-2006 at 05:57 AM.

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER