Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size drift sock do you guys recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What size drift sock do you guys recommend?

Considering going on to get a drift sock for the boat that away I have it when it gets pretty gusty out there spider rigging. I have a Tracker Pro Team 175 and I know the wind loves to push that boat around quite a bit when I'm out there bass fishing but was wondering what size would be the best to get and if just one will be fine or if I need to get the second one as well. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 175 stinger , I have a 30-32 " drift sock it's not big enough, check out this link. I would go with a 50 to 60 inch be sure to get the float attachment what ever you get , that way if you drop it or ur buddy does you can retriev it
    Drift Control Original Series Drift Sock : FishUSA. Also this site is one of our site sponsors
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

Post Thanks / Like

One should do it get a ski or tube rope that you hook to both tie down eyes that will keep it centered
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a 17/56 war eagle. I have a 60" drift sock and it will stop me if wind isn't blowing more than 10 to 15. I got a 48" for Christmas hoping it is exactly the size needed. Amazon has some good deals on drift socks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Clark View Post
    I fish out of a 17/56 war eagle. I have a 60" drift sock and it will stop me if wind isn't blowing more than 10 to 15. I got a 48" for Christmas hoping it is exactly the size needed. Amazon has some good deals on drift socks.
    I just checked mine is a 36" and it is not big enough , sounds like 48-50 is ideal for our boats thanks Mr Clark
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the biggest Cabelas offers in there pro series.....for the price great quality. Going into year three and doing good. Ski rope idea and float is a must. I tie para cord to the top of the actual hole and tie off to my boat. When pulling up I pull the paracord in which deflates the sack and makes it a lot easier to get back in boat.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-06-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You are welcome gobob. The para cord idea is a great idea. Getting them socks in the boat can be a pain sometimes.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

17/54 Wareagle. Got one Cabelas 66 on tow harness. Holds me in most wind. Also have 2 cabelas 48's I can put out when it really gets to blowing. If I was just going to buy one I'd get the biggest Cabelas they sell now. Think it is 72 or 77. They didn't have that one when I bought mine. Made my own harness from nylon rope and used piece of pool nuddle for float, then rigged a dump line like plateboater. Sure makes it a lot easier to get in. Rig a couple of Caribeners to attach with.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Go big or don't waste your money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Or use chains. Chains are hard to beat. I use both just depends on the wind. I have 2 med size drift socks. Forgot the exact size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast