Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crescent Lake with the King and Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crescent Lake with the King and Queen

First and foremost, a special Thanks to Vic and Eileen. There is nothing I can say about these 2 people that hasn't already been said. Great people, great hosts, great fisherman and fisherwoman and all around nice genuine folks. I am blessed to have crossed paths with you both!!!!!!!

Now for the fishing!!!!

Chuckyboy and I made it down to Crescent about 6:30 Friday morning and hit the water as soon as we could get the boat unloaded. Had a chance to talk with Stu, Specktacklure and Anchor Man for a few minutes before launching. Friday was a slow bite for us but we managed to land 41 for the day with only one 2 lber that went 2.03 lbs. Lots 0f 1.75's in the mix. After being up since 1 a.m. needless to say I slept great Friday night.

Lunchtime Friday was a treat also with about a dozen Crappie.com members at 3 Bananas. It was almost like a Mini-Slabtogether!!

Saturday morning, the Crappie King came knocking on the door at 5:40 a.m. and had the coffee brewing. We were on the water before daylight, or maybe it was just the fog that blocked all the daylight...Either way, it was tough trying to navigate so we just dropped the trolling motor and started fishing about 200 yards from the landing. It was slow the first hour but after that the bite was ON!!!Foggy and no wind and the fish were biting. It was a great time!!! Lots of big fish were landed with only one 2 lber (2.05)before what felt like 15-20 mph winds hit us out in the middle of the lake. We found a little bit of relief from the southwest wind on the west side of the lake. After about 1 1/2 hours, the wind died back down to tolerable but fishable conditions. We went to where we left the fish and they turned back on again. I have never thrown back as many 1 3/4 - 2 1/2 lb fish before in my life!! This was one of the best days I have had on the water without a doubt. We landed well over 100 fish in our 2 days here and I think we took about 20 fish back to GA. All of the bigger fish were released to bite again.

Once again, Thank You Vic and Eilleen for your gracious hospitality!!!!

Here are a few pictures form Friday and Saturday:

Name:  IMG_0311.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  44.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0314.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  28.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0317.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  54.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0318.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  49.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0321.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  62.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0322.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  41.8 KB

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you caught some fish........and the hooks worked.
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish
    Likes Speckanator, TnT, Anchor Man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report and post..safe travels!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator
    Likes TnT LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

100 fish in two days, I don't even know what that would feel like. Glad you put most back for seed. And for me! I need all the help I can get! lol

Safe travels. And great seeing you Friday. No more bananas for me, bad luck!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you caught some nice fish and a good time all the way around by all. Yes Vic and Eileen are very generous people and good at heart! Looking forward to getting back to FL and seeing them again soon on Crescent Lake.
    Likes Anchor Man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TnT View Post
    First and foremost, a special Thanks to Vic and Eileen. There is nothing I can say about these 2 people that hasn't already been said. Great people, great hosts, great fisherman and fisherwoman and all around nice genuine folks. I am blessed to have crossed paths with you both!!!!!!!

Now for the fishing!!!!

Chuckyboy and I made it down to Crescent about 6:30 Friday morning and hit the water as soon as we could get the boat unloaded. Had a chance to talk with Stu, Specktacklure and Anchor Man for a few minutes before launching. Friday was a slow bite for us but we managed to land 41 for the day with only one 2 lber that went 2.03 lbs. Lots 0f 1.75's in the mix. After being up since 1 a.m. needless to say I slept great Friday night.

Lunchtime Friday was a treat also with about a dozen Crappie.com members at 3 Bananas. It was almost like a Mini-Slabtogether!!

Saturday morning, the Crappie King came knocking on the door at 5:40 a.m. and had the coffee brewing. We were on the water before daylight, or maybe it was just the fog that blocked all the daylight...Either way, it was tough trying to navigate so we just dropped the trolling motor and started fishing about 200 yards from the landing. It was slow the first hour but after that the bite was ON!!!Foggy and no wind and the fish were biting. It was a great time!!! Lots of big fish were landed with only one 2 lber (2.05)before what felt like 15-20 mph winds hit us out in the middle of the lake. We found a little bit of relief from the southwest wind on the west side of the lake. After about 1 1/2 hours, the wind died back down to tolerable but fishable conditions. We went to where we left the fish and they turned back on again. I have never thrown back as many 1 3/4 - 2 1/2 lb fish before in my life!! This was one of the best days I have had on the water without a doubt. We landed well over 100 fish in our 2 days here and I think we took about 20 fish back to GA. All of the bigger fish were released to bite again.

Once again, Thank You Vic and Eilleen for your gracious hospitality!!!!

Here are a few pictures form Friday and Saturday:

Name:  IMG_0311.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  44.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0314.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  28.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0317.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  54.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0318.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  49.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0321.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  62.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0322.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  41.8 KB
    Tim, it was a pleasure having you and Chuck here for a few days. We are so glad you had good weather and caught lots of fish. We will see you again in a few weeks.

Take good care and be safe on your way home

Vic & Eileen
    Likes huntinslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Tim you will let anybody in your boat. Better check it for a tracking device. I have known that boy for almost 40 years he is slick. Glad to see y'all got into them. Now I have a new lake on my bucket list.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip! What did u do with Maggie?
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great time.
    Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Post Thanks / Like

Vic thanks for give Tim the X I see he had no problem and catching big fish and having fun that is what it is alllllllllllll about. THANKS FOR SHARING TIM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast