Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Advice for Reelfoot Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice for Reelfoot Please

I am planning on taking my 7 year old son to Reelfoot lake at the end of March or the first of April. I need suggestions on where to stay. Preferably somewhere where we wouldn't have a long boat ride to fish as I realize we will pretty much be idling because of the stumps. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to make his first "fishing trip" as enjoyable as possible. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there is a list of guides on here somewhere, usually the can recommend a good place to stay and what not, not a bad idea to go with a guide the first time out .
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife won a package from Grizzly Jig that included lodging at Sportsmans resort and free entry into the crappie masters tournament there. We stayed on the north end. The cabins weren't fancy, but were good enough for a fishing cabin and the great thing is they were right on the lake. We had no idea of where to fish so ended up fishing right out in front of the cabin. We caught a 1.82 that put us in the tournament money. A guide is probably a great idea, but when things are right, you will not need to go far to catch a fish. Josh that works at Grizzly fishes there often. I think he goes by KingKrappie on here. He could probably get you started in the right direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go to one of the access areas and fish the ditches if you have a boat

Post Thanks / Like

Cypress point and blue bank resorts are the 2 main places to stay both can help with guide service the men at grizzly jig in caruthersville MO can also get you set up also believe website reelfootlake.com has listings of places to stay and guides good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at Boyettes. You will have to load/unload boat as the cabins are not on lake but across road and down from ramp. Very nice people and very reasonable.
    I have used Ronnie capps a few years ago but not sure if he is guiding anymore

tom

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe Ronnie Capps is still guiding but he fills up quick. I am also looking for a guide for sometime in March or April for 2 days but do not know of many on Reelfoot.

Post Thanks / Like

The website is reelfoot.com they have list of guides and places to stay ronnie Capps is on there Jackie van cleave both fish crappie masters and raised on lake there are more good guides that others may know on here that they can recommend but definitely eat at boyettes between stumps and Asian carp and good time to be fishing on reelfoot your son will be excited

Post Thanks / Like

Jackie van cleave guides out of blue bank. They have several guides there. One of the nicest places on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the great info! I really appreciate the help!