Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing Light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Fishing Light

I was wondering if any of you could help me out im looking for a light with clips that would clip on a deepcycle battery? I plan to make a pole for them and put them in my seat mount holes I know some guys use laterns but i remember talking to a guy that said this certain light bulb that was much brighter, cheaper and it wont catch your boat on fire! It was just like a regular bulb in a socket with a wire and red and black clamps to clip onto your battery

Any suggestions would help!

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I use the Brinkmann Q Beam. I has a 22ft cord with clips for battery attachment. They are available in 12" and 24" flourescent lights and glow a nice green light. They are also totally submersible. I use them for both crappie and smelt fishing. I can often see minnows and daphnia/copepods coming right up to the light. I have also noticed that the specks can often be caught closer to the light than with a white light. We sell them here at Jays Sporting Goods in Clare Michigan. If you would like more info you can check out Jays web sight www.jayssportinggoods.com or call me here at
    989-386-3475 and ask for Frank in the gun department. Give them a try because they are easy to put on an extended pole and are reasonably inexpensive.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Well im looking more for a light to light up the boat to see the rods not in the water lights i got that under control.....

BTW i used to work at Hicks Tackle and Archery and Gander Mtn. In Flint....been to Jay's many a time, my unc actually had a cabin and 80 acres i beleive 2 exits past you guys (theres a sunoco and a big billboard ad for some log home company) anywho Im lookin more for lighting the area not the water I just didnt know if there is a special cord/socket ya needed for a 12v and also if it were bright enough....

Post Thanks / Like

I think what you are looking for is a 12v light bulb designed for RV's. Has a standard bulb base. I think Home depot or lowes or walmart might carry them. Some people buy a standard receptacle that has a clamp on it. The end which would normally plug in to the electrical outlet at home, they would cut off and put on some of the clamps that connect to your battery.

Hope this helps.

Gilly

Post Thanks / Like

Pick up a heat lamp. that had the clamp on it. Add the 40 or less watt RV 12 volt bulb and your in the game.
    That is what I use.
    Had a piece that was sq tubing and it would slide down to 4ft . 1" sq tubing with a 3/4" bolt in the end for the base. Then drilled a hole 1" from the top. Then weld a nut on that. Then a 3' 3" piece of 3/4" fixed like the one above. Then 1/2" in the top of that.
    This way you can tighten up a bolt and adjust the pole any height you need it.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

what works for me is one of those shop lights, 9 $ at wallmart, they have a
    shiny roundish base, cord, a clamp and plug ins. cut off the plug ins
    attach a cheap set of black and red clips 97cents, then use the largest
    rv light bulb you can find, usually 100 watt, attach it to a battery
    works great for me. in the summer and fall i use
    the adapter mentioned earlier, and a yellow 120 volt bulb, works pretty
    good at keeping the bugs away, but you still need to use buy spray a couple of times a night.

Best Regards

john b.

use a green submergable and paint those rod tips white

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

at one time i could buy the 12 v. bulbs at wal-mart . they don`t have them here so went to autoparts store to git my bulbs .thought about putting outlets on my boat . that way i could use them for 120 bulbs to. but then i would be pluging in 12 v to 110
    Last edited by papasage; 12-18-2006 at 06:10 PM.
    retired and now i will always fish

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Brower
    what works for me is one of those shop lights, 9 $ at wallmart, they have a
    shiny roundish base, cord, a clamp and plug ins. cut off the plug ins
    attach a cheap set of black and red clips 97cents, then use the largest
    rv light bulb you can find, usually 100 watt, attach it to a battery
    works great for me. in the summer and fall i use
    the adapter mentioned earlier, and a yellow 120 volt bulb, works pretty
    good at keeping the bugs away, but you still need to use buy spray a couple of times a night.

Best Regards

john b.

use a green submergable and paint those rod tips white
    I clamp one of these shop lights to a PVC pole which stands up from my rod holders on the console (rod holders attached to both sides of the center console holding my fishing rods verticle when trailering or motoring down the lake). The PVC pipe slides right down thru the rod holder. Also, I use 50 watt bulbs in my lights. One light in the center of my boat elevated on a 6' PVC pole pointed straight down to fish at night lights my whole 16' skiff up. You wont break the bank getting a couple either.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.