Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foggy morning on Crescent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Foggy morning on Crescent

Had thick fog this morning and the Bass boats were flying by 10 at a time for hours. I think it's a miracle that there were no accidents. My boat rocked for at least 2 hours before it stopped. Slow morning for me but TNT and Chuck had a banner morning, I will let them tell there story when they get a chance. I had 18 with one two pound fish. The Gar fish tore me up 3 times and I spent most of the morning retying lines. Saw ChuckAuten on the water and said hello.

This is TNT figuring out where he is going to fish in the morning.

No Photographer today, a two pounder.

Post Thanks / Like

nice fish!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish anchor man. I went to Sampson this morning and they had a bass tournament also. SItting in that fog hearing those boats coming toward you and not seeing anything was awful scary.
    Likes Anchor Man LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. I hate the boats running in the fog, makes me sooo nervous. Please be careful.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Anchor Man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

fog and 60 miles hour ait good

Post Thanks / Like

If it was that foggy those folks must have said screw ever one else.

Post Thanks / Like

It was spooky being out there and hearing those boat motors screaming up and down the lake in all that thick fog....But that's what seperates crappie fishermen for bass fishermen..A bass fisherman will run you over to get to his spot to fish. A crappie fisherman will run you over trying to help you out!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Never could figure out how they could run in fog and not hit anybody! I know they got a lot of high tech high priced gadgets but they don't have radar! And even if they did at that speed it would be too late when they saw me anyway! They must not care and that's scary!
    Likes Speckanator LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If they stay fast it really does not wake that bad. But when they come within 30 yards or less, that gets your attention. I know Tim stood up twice just to make sure the guy saw us. These tighter lakes in Georgia are even worse. Stay safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by specklater View Post
    Never could figure out how they could run in fog and not hit anybody! I know they got a lot of high tech high priced gadgets but they don't have radar! And even if they did at that speed it would be too late when they saw me anyway! They must not care and that's scary!
    Actually I know for certain that Mike Iconelli does have a Raymarine radar dome set up for his rear pedestal the he can remove and stow. Just for that reason. Seen on one of his walkthrough video tours of his boat. I am sure there are others as well. Doubt the collegiate anglers do though. Dont see a need to run that fast blind myself either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast