Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Perry 1-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perry 1-2

Tried docks this morning. We just couldn't get them to hit. We went down to the outlet for a bit and had no luck either. I'm not sure what was wrong. We usually do really good in either place. We were planning to bring out the boat tomorrow but with the ice and snow coming, Im going to go grab it and go find some depeer water today. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Likes crappieslinger, drifter106 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Well long story short we didn't fish. Going in the morNing as long as the roads aren't bad. To be continued......

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful and good luck getting some thumps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron. We spent a good part of the day scanning different areas of the lake now that I have my 998 on my new (to me) boat. I found lots of good looking areas that were similar to the ones that have been producing fish, but the crappie just weren't there in numbers. We would catch a few here and a few there. We finally found a good spot in 12-20 fow with heavy brush and we hit the jackpot. They were right in the tops of the piles and they were in there thick. We had a hard time catching many keepers. I think we had 14 keepers between 2 of us, but caught at least 150 fish in that one area. Then they slowed way down at about 3pm. We moved to a point on the south side of the lake where we have seen boats the last couple times out. It was also in the 12-20 fow range with less wood than before but the fish were in there. They were off and on for a while until it started spitting freezing rain around 4 and they started up again. Only a few more keepers and maybe around 50 or so fish in that spot. I used my hand tied jigs all day today instead of my plastics. I wasn't a huge fan of hand ties until today except for the fact that I hate losing them way more than I do a plastic jig. There sure are a ton of short fish out there. Clinton isn't nice to me except around spawn, but we seem to catch bigger fish there. Perry always produces for me but I always have a keeper to dink ratio of about 1-12. Much of the ice that extended from both Slough and Rock Creek to their respective bridge had melted off. The docks at devils gap were pulled out this morning but Slough ramp docks are still in for now. My 10 day forecast on my phone shows below freezing temps for at least those 10 days so I think the open water fishing around here is coming to an end pretty quick.
    Likes fish4dug, Blackdog40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, I hope the forcasts are wrong not a big fan of ice fishing, only if it is over 6 inches thick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Thanks Ron. We spent a good part of the day scanning different areas of the lake now that I have my 998 on my new (to me) boat. I found lots of good looking areas that were similar to the ones that have been producing fish, but the crappie just weren't there in numbers. We would catch a few here and a few there. We finally found a good spot in 12-20 fow with heavy brush and we hit the jackpot. They were right in the tops of the piles and they were in there thick. We had a hard time catching many keepers. I think we had 14 keepers between 2 of us, but caught at least 150 fish in that one area. Then they slowed way down at about 3pm. We moved to a point on the south side of the lake where we have seen boats the last couple times out. It was also in the 12-20 fow range with less wood than before but the fish were in there. They were off and on for a while until it started spitting freezing rain around 4 and they started up again. Only a few more keepers and maybe around 50 or so fish in that spot. I used my hand tied jigs all day today instead of my plastics. I wasn't a huge fan of hand ties until today except for the fact that I hate losing them way more than I do a plastic jig. There sure are a ton of short fish out there. Clinton isn't nice to me except around spawn, but we seem to catch bigger fish there. Perry always produces for me but I always have a keeper to dink ratio of about 1-12. Much of the ice that extended from both Slough and Rock Creek to their respective bridge had melted off. The docks at devils gap were pulled out this morning but Slough ramp docks are still in for now. My 10 day forecast on my phone shows below freezing temps for at least those 10 days so I think the open water fishing around here is coming to an end pretty quick.
    200 fish day???? That had to be non-stop catchin. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir it was. They were piled in the brush. It was pretty much all or nothing. Either they were in there and active and feeding ot they weren't there at all. It was one right after the other for quite a while. Every once in a while we have days like this out there. It's just too bad there are so many short fish. I guess the big ones were throw backs at some point in time. Has anyone been out that way today? I wonder if they pulled slough ramp docks out yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Ps. I'll shoot a video next time we get into them like that just so you know I'm not lying lol. I might have to get one of those cameras to strap to my head though. It's already a workout jiggin 2 12 foot rods