Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Memory Card on Eagle 480 Elite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memory Card on Eagle 480 Elite

I have 2 of these units and at the present time I'm using MMC plus memory cards and they work fine. Question is why won't the SD memory card work with the unit. I think I'm missing something or reading the booklet wrong. Manual say MMC/SD cards are usable. The SD card will work for storage of details maps, but won't record sonar data on them. What type cards do y'all (southern term) use. Sent Eagle an e mail, but nothing back yet..

Thanks for the help
    Speedy
    Last edited by speedy; 12-17-2006 at 10:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Speedy, I just use a MMC card in my LMS 332 but it says I can use a MMC/SD card. I've never tried a SD though, so I'm no help.

Good fishin my friend.
    Mike

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

SD cards have a small switch on the edge. Make sure its not in the lock position. That would keep you from writing to it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I think it has to do with the write rate and the data buffer, if any, in the unit. I am able to use San Disk SD cards with success (an older 256 Mb card and a newer 2 Gb card). The Ultra II cards work as well. I borrowed one of those from my wife's digital camera. They do not appear to work better than the regular card though.

I tried an inexpensive PNY SD card and my 332C will lock up and restart after just a few write cycles. I am going to assume that the data from the previous cycle is not entirely written to the card when the new data arrives.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

PanMan that is exactly what mine does. It will start like it is recording, lock-up and then restart. Oh well I guess I'm just picking at straws. I have no problems put data on the SD cards from my computer like maps then using them in the Eagle. The Eagle just won't record to them... MMC cards it is then

Thanks guys..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speedy
    PanMan that is exactly what mine does. It will start like it is recording, lock-up and then restart. Oh well I guess I'm just picking at straws. I have no problems put data on the SD cards from my computer like maps then using them in the Eagle. The Eagle just won't record to them... MMC cards it is then

Thanks guys..
    An SD card with faster write times will work as well. I was able to swap SD cards and put the slower card in a device (PDA) that can tolerate it and the faster card is now in my 332C. All devices are happy and I'm happy.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award