Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: TVA Lake question

Post Thanks / Like

Default TVA Lake question

I have heard that the TVA lakes fluctuate drastically, how do you guys deal with this when trying to pattern fish. Are Lake levels ever at a constant or is this a daily thing. TVA lake is on my bucket list, thanks for any info.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

bottom right is lake graph. Wide band normal. Black line last year, red line this year.

Kentucky Lake Levels, Conditions, Water Temperatures
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

The fish tend to bite hard on falling water on Guntersville in my experience. They do the same thing on the tidal river delta that I fished growing up. TVA has an app that tells you what the water output at the generators are on the lakes.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the smaller TVA lakes have big level fluctuations, mainly during winter drawdown times. The larger lakes not so much. Our record levels on KY and Barkley, from record low to record high, would be no where nearly as drastic as the normal fluctuation on the small TVA lakes.

In my experience falling water or heavy current is a huge plus for crappie in warm weather but a huge minus in cold water times.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff