Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help slabking

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help slabking

Slabking im not entierly new to crappie fishing and it seems when i do target them i do well but i dont hlve a lot i imformation on lake washington and lake union and i live about 10 min from the ship canal launch. Any in depth imformation would help about there or souronding lakes. i dont know but there is just somthing about fishing crappie i cant explain it.And has anyone fished duck lake in Ocean Shores it has some good crappie fishing too and not many people fish it. I'm going to try a winter fishery down there over new years i will keep you informed. thank you.
    Kokanee King
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm new

by the way im new to this site and after reading the threads posted earler in the year i have leared so much about fish for crappie on my very own door step that i never knew existed and I've lived hear all my life. Any info on winter crappie in the north west? I've got the bug and i cant shake it. I will be going down to Duck lake, like i said in a few days and will try there. one fall i was able to pull some real slabs out of there. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

What day are you going to Duck Lake. I've fished there a couple of times and never caught anything. I've heard fish tales about monster crappie being there though. I've seen tons of them on the fish finder, but never managed to get one into the boat.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChris1
    What day are you going to Duck Lake. I've fished there a couple of times and never caught anything. I've heard fish tales about monster crappie being there though. I've seen tons of them on the fish finder, but never managed to get one into the boat.

I will be going this friday. Yeah the lake holds big crappie,trout, and blugills as well as many 2-3 pound largemouths. but this lake is hard to fish and is just full of codes that need to be cracked. I have not cracked any codes but have had some good daysand some great days. Every time that I go i seem to get closer to some of its secrets. When you figure out that days patteren you can catch tones of any one spiecies of fish. The lake is pobably best May to June and August to November.But it is always quiet and during the off season it might get fished maybe every other weekend by locals and me. I noticed the pics of you at Lake Sam i did not even know that there were crappies in there.
    Last edited by Kokanee King; 12-29-2004 at 05:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some real slabs in sammamish i caught a real monster out of there a couple years back incedentaly when perch fishing it was about 15 inches long.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

As many times as I've been over there to visit family, I've never fished Duck. It looks like a really good lake though. Some of those canals look like they should be packed with slabs during early Spring. There's tons of crappie dying of old age right here in Seattle since nobody really fishes for 'em :D.

If you live close to Union Kokanee King I'd spend as much time as I could out there. There are some monster crappie in there if you put in some time. I've got pics of a pair of 15" slabs I pulled out of there that will go up on the site soon. The hard part is finding them. You might catch 40 fish off a rock break one night then only 8 the next night on the same spot. Find yourself a few good humps, a point, and a couple rock flat break-points and you should be able to get a few each time you head out. The key to the crappie in lake Union is the night bite and rock structure.