Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like some input planing a crappie trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Would like some input planing a crappie trip.

Guy's would like to plan a crappie trip.to Kentucky lake would like someone's input to go in April or when should I go.need info on where to stay and might get a charter boat one day.going to stay 3 days.any help you guy's could give me.or any other lakes you guys would suggest me go to trying to go about 8 hr.away.thank crappie anglers for your help.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim8861 View Post
    Guy's would like to plan a crappie trip.to Kentucky lake would like someone's input to go in April or when should I go.need info on where to stay and might get a charter boat one day.going to stay 3 days.any help you guy's could give me.or any other lakes you guys would suggest me go to trying to go about 8 hr.away.thank crappie anglers for your help.
    Keep your eyes on the KY state forum. There's usually a Spring Shindig weekend happening sometime in April. Recommended guides are also listed in the KY state forum, and one of them (Wiskers) is a host of the Shindig event.

... cp
    Likes bigdude LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact Steve McCadams. He is one of the best and is known nationwide. You can usually find him on Paris Landing on the lake. Below is his email. Let him know that I referred you to him.

[email protected]
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 .
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

WISKER is as good as you can get on the KY board
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

You'll do fine in April! I sounds like you would like to learn from a guide as opposed to just filling the cooler. I think you should get in touch with Terry Pool (Wiskers here on CDC)! He runs Crappie Stomper Guide Service. You'll have a great time, and he'll teach you exactly what you need to do to catch crappie on Kentucky Lake.

Terry's email is: [email protected]
    Likes chaunc, Yodibuzz, bigdude LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yea just would like to take a guide to learn the tricks on Kentucky lake.do you thank 1st of April or the end.only time I've went out of ohio to fish was to Wess lake and tried to to not get a guide only had 3 days took 2 days to learn and only 1 average day to fish.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim8861 View Post
    Yea just would like to take a guide to learn the tricks on Kentucky lake.do you thank 1st of April or the end.only time I've went out of ohio to fish was to Wess lake and tried to to not get a guide only had 3 days took 2 days to learn and only 1 average day to fish.
    Timing is everything ... and the weather and water levels/temps dictate timing. It might also depend on when a guide is available, since everybody & their cousin wants to fish the spawning period. Guides will adjust their fishing methods to correspond to what phase the fish are in, at the time you're there.
    You'll also be aware of where the fish are (& how they're being caught), by watching what the other anglers are doing & where they're doing it.

... cp
    Likes feelay LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If by chance Whiskers isn't available, try my friend Brad Weakley. But as with any good guide on the lake, you'd better try to get your date booked as soon as possible. Good guides fill their schedule quick. Other run of the mill guides will be available almost any day. A lot of the better guides are booked a year in advance so get busy now if you want one of the better guys.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Rodney Hairgrove is a close personal friend and a really fine guide. Lots of folks who frequent here have fished with him.

Home Page
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast