Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tournament Choice Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament Choice Rods

Does anyone have experience with the Tournament Choice rods from Academy? I got a gift card for Christmas and I am trying to maximize the card amount. The TC rod I was looking at is the 11' But yet I am also leaning toward the B&M 14'.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with a BnM. However, the price kept me from buying eight of them so I went to Academy and bought 8 of the Tournament Choice rods for $20 a piece. All are 10' Tournament Choice rods. Compared to the BnM they are a little heavier but not that much. If you like REALLY light weight rods go with BnM. If you want a solid pole that will last then TC is a good one in my book.

In my opinion they are good rods! I use them all the time. They are strong and flexible and can detect a bite easily. I can monitor my rods out the front while trolling and can see the strike on the line by the tip of the rod moving. I like them and will buy again. May get the 11' or 12' next time.

Here is avideo of me trolling with them so you can see the action and how the rods sit in the holders. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/texas...on-luce-bayou/
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I was looking again today and by getting the TC I can also add a spinning reel and only have to dig in my pocket for a few dollars. Enjoyed your video. Where are you at? I grew up in ET and have fished Caddo Lake,Toledo Bend, Lake of the Pines and Lake Livingston.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

That's what sold me on buying them, I live on my military retirement and could afford the reels you see in the video from Academy with them. Each pole with reel cost me less than $35. Wish I could afford to buy more expensive rods and reels but these work well.
    This was Lake Houston. I fish Houston, Somerville, Gibbons, Conroe, and Livingston sometimes. You have fished in some good lakes!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again kickingback. After looking some more I am almost sure I will go with the TC rod and the Mr. crappie spinning reel.
    FISH ON

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the 12'ers, nice rods and does a great job spider rigging and pulling.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The video sold me as well.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you see the video's? I pulled the trigger yesterday and got the 11' TC along with a Shakespeare spinning reel. Tax title and drive out I paid $3.85 out of my pocket .
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Academy and looked at them. Look and feel good for the money