Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back again

I haven't been on the forum for quite some time. My best fishing buddy passed away a couple of years ago and it hasn't been the same. He was an old WWII Marine that had some tales to tell. He couldn't hear it thunder but was a pleasure to share a boat with. He was always ready to go fishing, whatever kind you want. I miss the old boy and kind of lost my enthusiasm for quite a while. I finally figured it was better to fish with anyone than not fish. I have some good photos I will get together sometime.
    Likes Gobob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure he would rather you fish in his memory than to not fish because of the memories. Best of luck to you and hope you have many great days fishing ahead.
    Likes Cane Pole, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was the same way. I fished with my uncle for years and he pasted away. I quiete fishing for about 8 years, I started back last year and wish I would of just keep on fishing. I forgot how much I enjoyed just being out on the water. I don't catch near the fish I did when I fished with my uncle but I sure do just enjoy the relaxing time on the water.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you lost your friend. I value those I call friend very highly and will miss them one day. We have a Fisherman's Memorial section now, you could pay him homage and share him with us all there. I have a few there. It took me a while to get them done but they deserve the respect given there. Welcome back. Now go fishing.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It is good that you are back enjoying the outdoors. I think he would have wanted it that way

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. It is time for you to build new memories and share them with those you love. That will be a great way to honor your friend's memory.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You know he would have wanted you to keep fishing and enjoying what you both love. Your trips now will remind you of trips you had in the past. Even better. You'll find several on this site who have been through what you have. They'll understand better than anyone else what you are going through. Best to you!