Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a Paint Problem On My Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Had a Paint Problem On My Boat

Here is what happened.... Don't know what or how something got on the top of the gunwale of my boat and the paint bubbled in some places and this was the first weekend I had it. I offered to accept an option other than sending it back and re-painting it red. I said if they wanted to I would let them put bed liner on that area of my boat. I also said I only wanted the spongy type bed liner because it's still so tough and has good traction properties.

Then I decided on not going with red but pewter so it would offer a change in color and not be as hot in the summer. Anyway here is before (not a great pic to see) and the after which I absolutely love. You can't see it in these pics but the bow top is also the bed liner material.

Tell me what you think,

Before..

After...
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 12-17-2006 at 11:56 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip, It sure looks nice, and it blends in with the carpeting. What was the name of that stuff? My boat is in need of some tlc, and that looks like a good solution for the inside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S10CHEVY
    Skip, It sure looks nice, and it blends in with the carpeting. What was the name of that stuff? My boat is in need of some tlc, and that looks like a good solution for the inside.
    I'll have to find out for you. They use 2 different kins and I had them put the best one for this. One kind is extremely hard and to the point of being kind of slick and the one I have is a little spongy feeling. Meaning if you press you thumb nail in it hard you can feel a little give. But it is very though stuff.

I will call tomorrow and see if I can find out what it's actually called. I "think" they call it rhino coating or something like that. You can also get it in most any color you want I think.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Nice outfit skip, colors look good. Now being the hardcore fisherman you are... I bet that carpet will look as good as it does now next year at this time. Dam, I hate to be the first guy to drop a big fish in the bottom of that boat!! When my boat was new I kept fighting it but if you catch fish its gonna get fishy.

Happy fishng!!
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drifter106
    Nice outfit skip, colors look good. Now being the hardcore fisherman you are... I bet that carpet will look as good as it does now next year at this time. Dam, I hate to be the first guy to drop a big fish in the bottom of that boat!! When my boat was new I kept fighting it but if you catch fish its gonna get fishy.

Happy fishng!!
    It's already broke in. I just had to wait to get the boat shop I bought it at to get G3 to approve doing it under warranty.

But fish have already hit that floor, LOL!

The best part now is I don't have to worry about scratching the front deck when I step on board.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

My boat is old and does not make any difference about the carpet but my next new boat will not have carpet in it. I have spent too much time around salt water boats and the thought of just spraying the blood and scales out of a boat just appeals to me. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

That is a very good looking boat you have there skip. Let us know how that Rhino liner stuff works out for you. I never thought about using that stuff. But I'm sure it is going to work great.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking boat! I have the "Other" brand, Arma, instead of Rino in my pickup bed. Either type work great. They make something for the do it yourselfer that sprays or paints on and is very similar. I know it's tough because alot of gold dredgers have used it on their dredge pontoons and it's held up very well. They get slid over lot's of rough rocks to get to their spots.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Sure looks Good,Made a big difference!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys and part of the reason I showed this to the board is maybe someone has a similar need and it's a good idea for coating the inside of a boat. This stuff will hold up to about anything.

If I was getting a aluminum boat this would be great for it as it also helps kill sound of things hitting the boat from inside. Kind of deaden the sound.

Peak Vise Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast