Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smart chargers

Post Thanks / Like

Default smart chargers

i have a black&decker smart charger 25.10.2 amp with 75amp engine start .. since it is a smart charger it can stay connected on float charge, although i have never left it hooked up for more than 24 hrs.. now it comes up with code f03 does anyone use one of these chargers?? have hooked it up to three batteries and shows same code ... i use a battery tender ,i keep hooked up to my goldwing checked all three batteries it says all three are good... anyway of checking a battery charger???

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kads
    i have a black&decker smart charger 25.10.2 amp with 75amp engine start .. since it is a smart charger it can stay connected on float charge, although i have never left it hooked up for more than 24 hrs.. now it comes up with code f03 does anyone use one of these chargers?? have hooked it up to three batteries and shows same code ... i use a battery tender ,i keep hooked up to my goldwing checked all three batteries it says all three are good... anyway of checking a battery charger???
    f03 means internal open cell in the battery but since its doing it on 3 different batteries I would guess a bad charger. http://www.blackanddecker.com/CustomerCenter/FAQ.aspx
    page 13, answer 245
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That charger has a full 2 yr. warranty. If it's less than 2 years old I'd send it back.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

i'll send it back to them hopefully i can find the reciept.. have any of you ever tried to recondition a battery?? i tried it with one of theses batteries , but didn,t help same codes ..thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to the Interstate guy that delivers auto batteries to our shop about "reconditioned" batteries. He said all they do is clean them, add electrolite to low cells and charges them ovenight. Then if they test good, they are sold as reconditioned. All reconditioned batteries are used batts that failed for someone else. I did the same thing with my deepcycle in our camper and are stiill useing it.